Sides

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
If anyone would like to read all the sides, please let me know... I have them all ;)

So let's discuss these bad boys!

A lot can actually taken away from them, if you know where to look.

filmfanatic wrote:If anyone would like to read all the sides, please let me know... I have them all ;)

So let's discuss these bad boys!

A lot can actually taken away from them, if you know where to look.
I have Thin Man, Cabdriver, and James. If you could send me the others that you have i'd appreciate it :)

**********************SPOILERS (obviously?)*******************

* 'Inception' is about dreams. They have figured out a way to enter peoples' dreams.

* The technology to enter dreams is through an injection into the bloodstream. They can carry it in a suitcase. In one scene, they enter a person's dream while on a plane.

* Leo's character plays somewhat of a thief. He dives into people's dreams to extract info for others.

* Murphy's character plays a businessman who is about to take over a company.

* Page's character is part of Leo's team. She is a student in Paris who is the architect of the dreams.

* The plan is to insert an idea into the head of Murphy's character. The idea: To branch the compnay off into smaller companies.

***** BIGGER SPOILERS *******

* At one point in the film, Leo's wife convinces him to stay in the dream world, saying "It is better than real life." Leo wants to go back to the real world to be with his children. His wife commits suicide in the dream, thinking she'll return to the real world. When Leo returns to the real world, he is charged with the murder of his wife.

*He has to flee the country and his children.

**********************SPOILERS ended*******************

Could you send me some of the slides? I have all the ones that George has.

George89 wrote: I have Thin Man, Cabdriver, and James. If you could send me the others that you have i'd appreciate it

**********************SPOILERS (obviously?)*******************

* 'Inception' is about dreams. They have figured out a way to enter peoples' dreams.

* The technology to enter dreams is through an injection into the bloodstream. They can carry it in a suitcase. In one scene, they enter a person's dream while on a plane.

* Leo's character plays somewhat of a thief. He dives into people's dreams to extract info for others.

* Murphy's character plays a businessman who is about to take over a company.

* Page's character is part of Leo's team. She is a student in Paris who is the architect of the dreams.

* The plan is to insert an idea into the head of Murphy's character. The idea: To branch the compnay off into smaller companies.

***** BIGGER SPOILERS *******

* At one point in the film, Leo's wife convinces him to stay in the dream world, saying "It is better than real life." Leo wants to go back to the real world to be with his children. His wife commits suicide in the dream, thinking she'll return to the real world. When Leo returns to the real world, he is charged with the murder of his wife.

*He has to flee the country and his children.

**********************SPOILERS ended*******************
Sure thing! Just send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll shoot them your way.

Now, on to the discussion.

Very, very interesting. Where did you get these plot details? I am assuming these pre-date the release/discovery of the sides. But it does seem like they match up with things here and there in the sides. But, that being said, where would Ken Wantanabe's character fit it? From what I can tell (if it is to be trusted) Wantanabe plays a character that is blackmailing DiCaprio. And obviously he will fit somehow into the Tokyo section of the sides. I am assuming that "Roger" travels to his "lair" (interesting to see "fortress" in the sides) to confront him. Would he be on to the murder of DiCaprio's wife?

chee wrote:Could you send me some of the slides? I have all the ones that George has.
No problem. Just PM your e-mail address.

Those plot details are interesting, I wonder if those are true. Sounds a lot more reasonable then that damn April Fools prank. :lol:

chee wrote:Those plot details are interesting, I wonder if those are true. Sounds a lot more reasonable then that damn April Fools prank. :lol:

Yeah, still can't believe IMDB has those names listed on the main page.

Those plot details do fit in with aspects of the sides very well.

Thanks for the sides. I was about to buy Philippa side cause of curiosity and thank god I didn't. Same exact side from James (except for that thing about her smile).

Wish Nolan would release at least some of the main character's names so IMDB can remove those fake ones. D:

filmfanatic wrote:If anyone would like to read all the sides, please let me know... I have them all ;)

I have Thin Man, Cabdriver and James. If you PM me the others I'll appreciate it. ;)

filmfanatic wrote:Very, very interesting. Where did you get these plot details? I am assuming these pre-date the release/discovery of the sides. But it does seem like they match up with things here and there in the sides. But, that being said, where would Ken Wantanabe's character fit it? From what I can tell (if it is to be trusted) Wantanabe plays a character that is blackmailing DiCaprio. And obviously he will fit somehow into the Tokyo section of the sides. I am assuming that "Roger" travels to his "lair" (interesting to see "fortress" in the sides) to confront him. Would he be on to the murder of DiCaprio's wife?
Thats the thing, i'm not sure if the suicide/murder is the main conflict. The blackmailing could be related to the business deal going down with Murphy's character.

But then again, in the Thin Man side, the attorney tells DiCaprio that "these people want to put you away. Nothing's going to stop them." Maybe thats in reference to Ken's character..