World Box Office: $825 milllion

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
discoveringuy wrote:
The Silent Guardian wrote:Yes, but take out any adaptations, and sequels, it would be #1 of All-Time.
Absurd claims. Inception will probably end up being the #9 box office film of all time that's original, behind Avatar, Titanic, Jurassic Park, Finding Nemo, Independence Day, The Lion King, 2012, and E.T.. (unadjusted for inflation)
He's just talking about WB's box office.

discoveringuy wrote:
The Silent Guardian wrote:
Yes, but take out any adaptations, and sequels, it would be #1 of All-Time.
Absurd claims. Inception will probably end up being the #9 box office film of all time that's original, behind Avatar, Titanic, Jurassic Park, Finding Nemo, Independence Day, The Lion King, 2012, and E.T.. (unadjusted for inflation)
Jurassic Park actually was an adaptation of a book, and titanic was based around a real event so I wouldn't really count that IMO. Inception is #7 as far as totally original films go.

Whoa! It was at $702m worldwide this past weekend.
International Box Office: Double Milestone for Inception
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
It was a busy week for Inception, as it rose to top spot on the international chart and crossed two major milestones in the process: $400 million internationally and $700 million worldwide. Over the weekend, it earned $21.00 million on 7,785 screens in 61 markets for a total of $425.15 million internationally and $702.30 million worldwide. Much of this was due to its debut in China, where it placed first with $13.6 million.
http://www.the-numbers.com/interactive/ ... ewsID=5450

Amazing news! The Inception Express keeps rolling on. :-)
Next stop - 800 million worldwide!

postal wrote:
discoveringuy wrote: Absurd claims. Inception will probably end up being the #9 box office film of all time that's original, behind Avatar, Titanic, Jurassic Park, Finding Nemo, Independence Day, The Lion King, 2012, and E.T.. (unadjusted for inflation)
Jurassic Park actually was an adaptation of a book, and titanic was based around a real event so I wouldn't really count that IMO. Inception is #7 as far as totally original films go.
E.T. was an adaptation as well.

Besides, as someone mentioned before, "Inception" was called #1 as far as WB movies are concerned.

e-lex wrote:
postal wrote: Jurassic Park actually was an adaptation of a book, and titanic was based around a real event so I wouldn't really count that IMO. Inception is #7 as far as totally original films go.
E.T. was an adaptation as well.

Besides, as someone mentioned before, "Inception" was called #1 as far as WB movies are concerned.
What was it an adaptation of?

Also yes i know Silent Guardian was just talking about WB films, I was just referring to what discoveringguy guy said though which was about original films in general

So awesome that it made more then Iron Man 2!
Most people never would have guessed that.
Say Girl

E.T. IS NOT an adaptation. :twisted:

Now it needs to beat Shrek Forever After ( $720m) and become the third highest grossing movie of 2010 worldwide. :thumbup:

E.T. was not an adaptation. :lol: