Mombassa scene

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
rav
Im confused was that scene a dream or not and why?

Because I have been hearing its a dream.

thanks

Ignoring the "whole movie is a dream" theory. No, its supposedly in real life.

You are going to hear a number of different things. I tend to believe its real, but I don't really have anything to back that up. I'm going for my fourth viewing in about eight hours so I may have more solid proof after that.

Three theories:

1) No. It was real. That, Paris, the plane, and the last scene are all reality, and the top was about to fall over at the end.
2) Yes. It was a dream, and so was the whole heist. Just him getting off the plane was real, the rest was self-therapy.
3) Yes. The entire movie is a dream, possibly to the extent that Cobb is one of the only characters that was real.

rav
TBH i thought that eames and yuseph are just in the dream (so not 'real') as they are not seen on the plane at the end.

rav wrote:TBH i thought that eames and yuseph are just in the dream (so not 'real') as they are not seen on the plane at the end.
Except that Eames is seen quite clearly reading something behind Cobb after he wakes up.

rav
Ok i get it lol but i wanna see it again. And wat bout yuseph?was he on the plane?

Thanks

rav wrote:Ok i get it lol but i wanna see it again. And wat bout yuseph?was he on the plane?

Thanks
he can be seen getting his luggage after Cobb cleared the immigration counter

unless you believe the whole thing is a dream then it "suppose" to be real. but there's no WAY to prove that it is!! 1st, cobb just "appears" in mombassa out of the blue. he just shows up. 2nd, and this is something that even mal mentioned to cobb as strange, cobb is being chased through mombassa by unidentified "agents" which presumably belong to cobol engineering. saito appears out of nowhere to save him from those "agents". even when he tries to spin the top he's disrupted by saito. lastly, mombassa felt awfully like the saito's hidden apartment in which saito realized as a dream due to the texture of the rug at the beginning of the movie. so there's NO CONCRETE EVIDENCE that's reality. we just assume it is.

gluvnast wrote:unless you believe the whole thing is a dream then it "suppose" to be real. but there's no WAY to prove that it is!! 1st, cobb just "appears" in mombassa out of the blue. he just shows up. 2nd, and this is something that even mal mentioned to cobb as strange, cobb is being chased through mombassa by unidentified "agents" which presumably belong to cobol engineering. saito appears out of nowhere to save him from those "agents". even when he tries to spin the top he's disrupted by saito. lastly, mombassa felt awfully like the saito's hidden apartment in which saito realized as a dream due to the texture of the rug at the beginning of the movie. so there's NO CONCRETE EVIDENCE that's reality. we just assume it is.
I have heard your first point mentioned by a number of other people and I find it ridiculous. You will be hard pressed to find a movie that shows every travel leg in the film. In movies we get only what we need to see, do we really need to see Cobb on a plane to know that he travelled somewhere?