what viewing are you on?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
1st ¬¬

#2 IMAX viewing today. Found the film much more involving emotionally than the first time. Really do not get the critics who say there isn't any emotional involvement with the characters. Mal and Cobb are a very melancholy pair to say the least. Not to mention that their story gives the film an emotional overlay along with Fischer's backstory. Also enjoyed the little dabs of humor here and there.

josephcoloraci wrote:#2 IMAX viewing today. Found the film much more involving emotionally than the first time. Really do not get the critics who say there isn't any emotional involvement with the characters. Mal and Cobb are a very melancholy pair to say the least. Not to mention that their story gives the film an emotional overlay along with Fischer's backstory. Also enjoyed the little dabs of humor here and there.
I agree. Also, in the final few minutes, I nearly cried. Who says its emotionless? :lol:

It was beautifully filmed, acted and the music accompanying the scene was terrific.

It was like like my heart was on speed the second time I saw it. When he wakes up for well you know I just could not sit still. It was so tense. I was leaning forward staring at the screen. My eyes got a tear in them. That damn score!
Say Girl

Rob
Redsmile wrote:It was like like my heart was on speed the second time I saw it. When he wakes up for well you know I just could not sit still. It was so tense. I was leaning forward staring at the screen. My eyes got a tear in them. That damn score!
The ending is just so freaking intense. Enjoyed it every single time.

Rob wrote:
Redsmile wrote:It was like like my heart was on speed the second time I saw it. When he wakes up for well you know I just could not sit still. It was so tense. I was leaning forward staring at the screen. My eyes got a tear in them. That damn score!
The ending is just so freaking intense. Enjoyed it every single time.
Absolutely agree.
I'm on my third time and it gets better every time you watch it.
It's just beautiful.

#2-it gets better with every viewing :clap:

mjg
Completed my 10th and probably final viewing last night. 6 regular, 4 IMAX. Although I go to the movies a lot, I've never seen the same film at the theatres more than twice before. As much as I liked the repeat viewings, I do wish I could recreate the amazement I felt when I watched it the first time.

Redsmile wrote:I love taking someone who has yet to see it with me.
Rob wrote:The ending is just so freaking intense. Enjoyed it every single time.
QFT.

Rob
mjg wrote:Completed my 10th and probably final viewing last night. 6 regular, 4 IMAX. Although I go to the movies a lot, I've never seen the same film at the theatres more than twice before. As much as I liked the repeat viewings, I do wish I could recreate the amazement I felt when I watched it the first time.

Redsmile wrote:I love taking someone who has yet to see it with me.
Rob wrote:The ending is just so freaking intense. Enjoyed it every single time.
QFT.
And I wish I had the opportunity to watch it in an IMAX theatre. :( What is it like? :)

Btw, fifth viewing tonight!

mjg
Rob wrote:And I wish I had the opportunity to watch it in an IMAX theatre. :( What is it like? :)

Btw, fifth viewing tonight!
Enjoy! To me, the IMAX and regular versions were actually not much different. IMAX has stronger sound and a bigger screen, but my first viewing was at a regular theatre and I don't think my reaction would've been significantly different had it been an IMAX.