Final Plane and airport Sequence!

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I have read most of the theories and did watch the movie 3 times by far :P

I have this doubt abt the plane scene when he wakes up and looks at everybody, nobody actually talks to him .... it was explained as they cannot talk infront of fischer! And then even in the airport nobody talks to him.... explaination given was the same!

Now i had this little thought no offence if somebody had already asked it and dint read it anywhere ....

When Saito was incepted in the start he knew exactly who was cobb, arthur and the enginner dude exactly coz he had a doubt he was incepted (but he did knows how they looked like atleast), the only person he dint recognise was the asian dude in the train because he was not in saito's dream!

If that was the case then if fischer was intercepted he should be knowing everybody who was there in the first class of the flight (I mean the whole team) regardeless they speak or not? And he did see all of em in that dream except for yusuf (i guess) so he should have atleast seen them in the airport and recognised them (at the baggage counter).

Below is only if it is Cobbs dream untill this scene :-

And even Cobb has a confused expression when he sees them. I mean he does act like he knows, doesnot he speak to them but he does recognise them. ( More like the dream untll then ... jus confusing pls need help)

This came up when i was arguing with my friends and i jus got this as one of the findings ( din read anythin similar so?? ) any answers for this? pls help

Se7en wrote:When Saito was incepted in the start he knew exactly who was cobb, arthur and the enginner dude exactly coz he had a doubt he was incepted (but he did knows how they looked like atleast), the only person he dint recognise was the asian dude in the train because he was not in saito's dream!p
You mean "extracted", not "incepted," but that doesn't matter here. At least two explanations exist for why Fischer didn't catch on after having seen the inception team in his dream on the plane.
  1. Dom tells Fischer how people require years of practice to remember their dreams after waking. Fischer had security system training, but this doesn't mean that he had the experience to remember his inception dream in vivid detail after waking.
  2. It's not out of the question to dream about someone you've recently met. Had he remembered all their faces, he could've written it off as "Ha, I saw them in first class and they appeared in my dream. Weird."

thank you! and my friend did jus put up an argument on how weka fischer was to not recollecting eames and saito from dream lvl1 to dream lvl 3 :D

thank you :)

I also think that the reason Saito would have remembered them is that he existed with them in a level 1 dream, whereas Fischer Jr. never had visual relations with them in a level 1 dream. Remember how hard Fischer tried to remember details in Level two from Level 1. He wouldn't remember anything about the next level up, meaning level 0. By the time they are in level 3, he remembers things from level 1, but because he had consciously gone from level 2 to level 3. Since he never went consciously into level 1, yet alone into level 2 (and with the difficulties remembering the details not going under consciously), it would be impossible for him to remember anyone from a Level 2 dream in Level 0 (reality). Yes, it is shown that Eams "shows face" on the beach, but I think this was more a directorial peek through the character, and not actually that Fischer could see Eams (just the audience as a farewell for that character so no one in the audience is lost (and by this point, half of them are lol)

Se7en? Clever name.

Well, I'm gonna get flames again, but...

What if the whole film is a dream UNTIL he wakes up on the plane. Everythng up to that point has been a dream, simply things patched together from his subconscious. His fellow travelers were in his dream because he'd seen them recently. His dead wife was obviously there, as were his children. The end is the only real part. He's waking up from a dream on a flight after a long business trip and he doesn't know those other people.

People hate my theory, but that's all it is. I'm sure Nolan considered it when he wrote the script, but I have no idea if it's the "right" answer.