Inception (2010)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
This is great news, I've always wanted to see Nolan take on Sci-Fi. I think he has enormous potential there. Also, I think he's ready to take on action, judging from The Dark Knight; it seems he has improved in shooting major action sequences.

I love his work on the Batman films, but I'd like him to tackle other genres instead of purely focusing on one franchise.

And considering Sci-Fi is my favourite genre, Nolan is one of my favourite directors and DiCaprio one of my favourite actors then this'll be great. Still though, we don't know much about the plot or anything else about the movie so it's hard to tell what it's going to be like.

Chief Squancho wrote:Finally, it's my second post here, and I haven't even said hello. Hello, everyone. And thank you to the two gentlemen who created this site and its forums.
Welcome to the forums, Chief Squancho. We're very glad to have you join us here.
...and of course, you, are very welcome.
Nebel wrote:And considering Sci-Fi is my favourite genre, Nolan is one of my favourite directors and DiCaprio one of my favourite actors then this'll be great.
I'd have to say that my tastes in movies falls very close to yours. It looks like everything is turning out great for the both of us. :)

AlexHaas wrote:I'd have to say that my tastes in movies falls very close to yours. It looks like everything is turning out great for the both of us. :)
Indeed! Precisely why I love Nolan's work so much, he has the perfect blend to me.

This sounds great! Any word on who the antagonist will be? This will be interesting.

No word yet on an antagonist. Rumor has it that there is a female lead also, possibly Ellen Page. Could she be our antagonist?

Do we know anything at all about the story of the film, or something? :D

I think DiCaprio is a very good choice. Since The Departed I'm considering him a real good actor, so... this can't be bad ;)

Right after the succes of The Dark Knight, I was already hoping for a new Nolan movie without Batman. I will explain why:

After Batman Begins, which I think was then the best Batman movie made, Nolan got his mind on something else: The Prestige. It gave us a new, fantastic, movie and set Nolan's mind on something else then Batman.
After The Prestige, Nolan had developed enough new idea's for a Batman Begins sequel, and look what it gave us. The Dark Knight is a masterpiece!

Inception will again, take Nolan's mind away from Batman. I have good confident that he will return for a third Batman movie that (hopefully) will top The Dark Knight again, or at least be as good as it!

Besides that, I hope that Inception will be as good as The Prestige. It sounds great!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

DHOPW42 wrote:Do we know anything at all about the story of the film, or something? :D

I think DiCaprio is a very good choice. Since The Departed I'm considering him a real good actor, so... this can't be bad ;)
Nope, the story is very tight-lipped apparently and Nolan does not want it revealed. The sypnosis so far is so ambigious, I hope we get something a bit clearer. I guess we'll find out in time.
Erik wrote:Right after the succes of The Dark Knight, I was already hoping for a new Nolan movie without Batman. I will explain why:

After Batman Begins, which I think was then the best Batman movie made, Nolan got his mind on something else: The Prestige. It gave us a new, fantastic, movie and set Nolan's mind on something else then Batman.
After The Prestige, Nolan had developed enough new idea's for a Batman Begins sequel, and look what it gave us. The Dark Knight is a masterpiece!

Inception will again, take Nolan's mind away from Batman. I have good confident that he will return for a third Batman movie that (hopefully) will top The Dark Knight again, or at least be as good as it!

Besides that, I hope that Inception will be as good as The Prestige. It sounds great!
Absolutely agreed! I'm not the biggest fan of The Prestige, but I appreciate it for what it is, a fantastically made movie / story with a lot of depth. It also, like you say, probably helped them make The Dark Knight even better. Let's hope the same goes for Batman 3.

What about Cillain Murphy?

I surely hope that he will play the main antagonist of the movie, in Batman Begins he was so... thrilling :D And so frightening. He would be a perfect villain in this film, too. Maybe Chris Nolan thinks this too :D

DHOPW42 wrote:What about Cillain Murphy?

I surely hope that he will play the main antagonist of the movie, in Batman Begins he was so... thrilling :D And so frightening. He would be a perfect villain in this film, too. Maybe Chris Nolan thinks this too :D
I didn't thought he was thrilling and frightening in Batman Begins. There are two kinds of villains, those who fight the hero with force and those who fight him with their minds.
Murphy played a bright villain, but he wasn't really a fighter, he would rather use his mind. He didn't look scary, he didn't gave me the chills (at least not as a person, as Scarcrow he was a bit more scarriër, but that was a mask!)
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.