Why some people laughed ... ?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Why some people laughed every time they showed a shot of the van falling?! I Didn't Understand :think:

ANONIMNIQ wrote:Why some people laughed every time they showed a shot of the van falling?! I Didn't Understand :think:
same thing happened in my theater....but i think its due to its being repeated several times during the sequence; where fight fight fight, boom,boom,boom, then suddenly super slow moooooo.....

Dan_87 wrote:
ANONIMNIQ wrote:Why some people laughed every time they showed a shot of the van falling?! I Didn't Understand :think:
same thing happened in my theater....but i think its due to its being repeated several times during the sequence; where fight fight fight, boom,boom,boom, then suddenly super slow moooooo.....
Probably this. I didn't realize it at first (cause I didn't find it funny :P), but it has to be this. It's kinda like the scenes in Night at the Museum where the tiny little dudes are blowing out the tire and the wind is so strong that they are being blown away but when it zooms out its utter silence.

hm...
maybe they don't know what exactly is going on and why the van is falling so slowly to the water ...
or maybe they just compared this to other similar slowmo scenes from other movies and didn't realize why so many things are happend in that moment on another levels of the dream.
ty le keo|
vách ngăn trang trí phòng thờ|
vách ngăn phòng bằng gỗ|
Last edited by ANONIMNIQ on December 4th, 2018, 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vantage point 8-) ... That is all

its funny bec. all the while on the other dream levels, they were all having a hard time, and then there in that falling van, their sleeping bodies were like smiling (at least with JGL) and looked so innocent that they are all about to get wet :D

Forum Pro
Law
i had the same problem in my theater.. though i don't really think its a problem... because i feel like the action scenes got us so amped up and excited that when we were brought back to the slow mo falling van it was just like we were able to breathe for a few seconds

So i heard (i havent seen the film yet,that will be tommorow at last 8-) ) that the scene with the falling van will take an hour
of the movie?

It's funny because of the juxtaposition. It's got a comedy element to it, whether or not Nolan intended so.

Comic relief! When the van is dropping, that whole section of the movie is so tense...no wonder people were laughing.