Cobb = Cob = Corn = Maize = MAZE!

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Am I the only one who thinks this was an intentional play-on-words by Chris? :shock:

100% pointless thread

Guess I'm looking too far into it. Must be the Adderall.

I don't know, I thought the name was kind of stupid. "Dom Cobb"? Really? Sounds like a farmer or something. So maybe there is some kind of hidden meaning.

Cobb was also the name of a character (a thief, no less!) in Nolan's early film "Following". Seems like he's paying homage to himself :roll:

Windows 7 wrote:I don't know, I thought the name was kind of stupid. "Dom Cobb"? Really? Sounds like a farmer or something. So maybe there is some kind of hidden meaning.
Dom is short for Dominic, is it not?

Yea his name is Dominick Cobb. I've seen a person with Cobb as a last name, so its not unusual.

the mans name was Cobb in following.

Arthur...Author....writing...books...fiction....fake....unreal...dreamlike...dreams....IT WAS ALL JUST A DREAM ;)

#1fan wrote:100% pointless thread
yep
Why you lurking my page brah?

What I've been thinking about his name all along is that it's a homage to Ty Cobb maybe. He was a very stubburn person & a well known hard ass in the world of baseball. I don't remember if Chris is a big sports fan or not, or if he just picked that name because of the personalities. Dom Cobb is a stubburn, kinda hard to get along with type person in this movie. And that almost gets them killed.

:JGLface: "Yeah, tell me about it."