INCEPTION Opening Weekend: 62.7M (updated)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Who cares if it gets to $70m or not? It beat the RS/MTC rule! :clap:

I would have been so sad if it had gone under $48m. :cry:

This is great! :clap:

I'm telling everyone I know to see this movie. I plan to see it at least two more times this summer. I adore this film and want it to rake in the cash to force a sequel! :lol: Maybe WB will have to postpone Batman 3 so Nolan can do that (j/k).

This is great news :D

apw
It's only opened internationally in 10 countries and only one of those was a major market (the UK).

The figure looks good.

JRM
paladinryan wrote:I'm telling everyone I know to see this movie. I plan to see it at least two more times this summer. I adore this film and want it to rake in the cash to force a sequel! :lol: Maybe WB will have to postpone Batman 3 so Nolan can do that (j/k).
I don't want a sequel, but I'm telling EVERYONE to see it. Spreading the word every way I can. Social media is a good way. :thumbup:

apw wrote:It's only opened internationally in 10 countries and only one of those was a major market (the UK).

The figure looks good.
It's off to a very good start.
Warner Bros/Legendary Pictures' Inception generated an estimated $15.6M internationally with nearly 2.7M admissions from 1,753 screens in 7 markets. The studio plans a 3-week overseas roll-out for Chris Nolan's pic. This weekend, the UK delivered an outstanding £5.6M ($8.6M) from 451 situations nationwide, marking the biggest opening ever for a Leonardo Di Caprio film in that country. Inception dominated the weekend at #1 with a commanding 40% of the Top 5 market share. The pic also launched in these Asian markets -- Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, India, and Thailand -- and is estimated to top the charts throughout the region with an estimated $6.4M on 978 screens. Next weekend Inception opens in 29 additional countries, including: France, Russia, Australia, Korea, Japan, and Mexico. Then, from July 28th to August 1st, another 13 markets come on line, including Germany.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: