INCEPTION Opening Weekend: 62.7M (updated)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
apw
Official weekend gross for INCEPTION: $62,785,337--$21.7 mil Friday, $21.7 mil Saturday, $19.2 mil Sunday.

It increased $2.4m over the Weekend estimates from Sunday.

The screening I went to was freakin' packed (although two people walked out, which was really fucking annoying), even more so than when I saw TDK and I saw that opening night, and that makes me very hopeful about Inception's WOM.

They got $34 out of me this weekend. I'm sure that won't be the last from my wallet. 8-)

Not a bad opening for a slight lenthy film. I was hoping for more like 80 mill. Now I just hope word of mouth & repeat bizz will beat out the (yet another) spy movie, next week.

apw wrote:Official weekend gross for INCEPTION: $62,785,337--$21.7 mil Friday, $21.7 mil Saturday, $19.2 mil Sunday.

It increased $2.4m over the Weekend estimates from Sunday.
Nice. Increases from estimates are always good. :thumbup:

Bad_Wobot wrote:Not a bad opening for a slight lenthy film. I was hoping for more like 80 mill. Now I just hope word of mouth & repeat bizz will beat out the (yet another) spy movie, next week.
I went to the Salt press screening yesterday and all I can say is yikes. How such a boring, cliche, ultimately pointless and silly spy movie is generating any kind of threat for Inception is beyond me. The film want's so badly to be the new Bond or Bourne movie, but it completely misses the point on every level. Pass. :thumbdown:

Reading reactions from box office forums. Apparently Sunday was HIGHER than Friday without midnights. Nolan is indeed master of the Sunday drop. TDK blew away many people's minds when it didn't drop much at all on Sunday. :lol:

Bodes well for WOM! :clap:

I'm telling all my family, friends, and even students to see this lol.

I'm taking my cousin to see it tomorrow. And I'm sure I'll see it a third time before the summer is over.

neo78956 wrote:
Bad_Wobot wrote:Not a bad opening for a slight lenthy film. I was hoping for more like 80 mill. Now I just hope word of mouth & repeat bizz will beat out the (yet another) spy movie, next week.
I went to the Salt press screening yesterday and all I can say is yikes. How such a boring, cliche, ultimately pointless and silly spy movie is generating any kind of threat for Inception is beyond me. The film want's so badly to be the new Bond or Bourne movie, but it completely misses the point on every level. Pass. :thumbdown:

Knew it had to be something like that. I like most of her movies, but it's not her fault for this one I'm sure. People should just wait for the video of Salt in a month or 2 maybe. :roll:

I am going to see the movie on Wednesday with 4 friends of mine. At first i was considering to go alone but then i changed my mind and after some time i managed to convince them to see the movie although they hadn't heard about this movie before. Also I will definitely going to see it once more with my family. So i will make as much money as possible for this movie just as you guys :)