How Did They Wake themselves Up From the Rainy City?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
dmcn307 wrote:
quite contrarian wrote:I wonder what Fischer was thinking as he was sitting on the side of the river watching Ariadne and Arthur swim up from the van after. I mean at that point he still believes they tried to kidnap him. Unless I missed something I thought this was strange.
Did he ever have a good look at his kidnappers?

Maybe he had no ida who they are...
yeah but if he happened to see them swimming around the same area you would think he's going to suspect something. like after swimming away he'd still be thinking what the kidnappers are doing to get out of the van..

quite contrarian wrote: yeah but if he happened to see them swimming around the same area you would think he's going to suspect something. like after swimming away he'd still be thinking what the kidnappers are doing to get out of the van..
Good point, I have no idea... :crazy:

He'd probably not remember that once he woke up anyway, so I don't think it would be a huge deal if he saw them.

GunRanger wrote:Yusef should have been in limbo. The fall should have killed him.
Yusuf was seen swimming out of the van. :P

Jarmel wrote:
sallygucha wrote:After the synchronized kick, they all wake up in the rainy city dream, swimming to the surface of the water from the van. But they are still in the dream. How did they wake up on the plane from there?
They most likely just waited until the sedation wore off.
Since that would be a whole week, would the projections stop attacking them, or would they be under attack the whole time?

Darth Yoda 03 wrote:
Jarmel wrote:They most likely just waited until the sedation wore off.
Since that would be a whole week, would the projections stop attacking them, or would they be under attack the whole time?
I think it's explained in the movie that projections only really attack you if you try to change something in the dream too much, or if the subconscious is under stress. Since the inception worked, they'd probably leave Fischer('s subconscious) alone and he wouldn't react as powerfully anymore.

Darth Yoda 03 wrote:
Projections will always attack the dreamer, Yusuf, but htey only become more aware of the dreamer when he changes things.