Listen to Michael Caine very closely at the ending.(Airport)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
shubby wrote:May be Caine is just God.

Cobb is finaly dead, no more the master of his own dreams. God has put his own inception, I think a better one.

Now Cobb can go peacefully.

Coma is a really good option.
i was thinking the jacob's ladder analogy myself.

Samuel R. Jankis wrote:Did anyone else see Cobb's passport stamp at immigration? It was the diagram he drew for Ariadne, the two arrows with a line bisecting them.
In case anyone is still wondering its close but not the same

ImageImage

This is one of the best theories yet!

I'm dutch and so i watched the film with dutch subtitles (it premiered last night, was great!!). The dutch subtitled the sentence from Caine at the end translated in english meant 'welcome home', i believe, but i would have to check to be a 100% sure. That would mean that he didn'tset you're welcome.
Otherwise, he could also have sad you're welcome for the help Ariadne gave as Cobb's architect, without the whole idea of an inception within an inception.
The thin i found strange is that Cobb en Mal were old in Limbo, but were young when they committed suicide on the train track. It's also a weak concept that you can get out of limbo, by just committing suicide. That's a very easy way of getting out.

I am coming late to the party. Having only watched Inception recently, I've just begun to research theories.
This is the only comment I've "commented" on. This is a brilliant theory. Absolutey I believe this. From the look he has when he wakes at the end to the others looking (smiling) only at him. They know. He's [Cobb] figuring it out and as soon as Miles greets him with "your welcome"--it clicks in Cobb for real. It's obvious. Love it! Now I'm at peace. I believe he is NOT dreaming. I can accept that it is black and white where this is concerned. It seems inconsequential now that the "inception within the inception" is more likely the focus.