im concerned....

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
i rarely go to the movies anymore. i see about 2 movies in the theater a year. this year the other one was Jeunet's "Micmacs" which was great.

Anyway, I saw TDK which had IMAX scenes.

But someone on facebook said:

Guys, inception wasnt designed for imax. I mean this literally. All theyre doing is blowing up the print. Youre paying a ton of money to see a shittier version. Just because something is bigger does not make it better. (Somehow this is going to turn into a convo about my 1 inch cock isnt it)

and then added:

Whatever makes you happy. Awesome. All i'm saying is that technically you're seeing a shittier print. This is not disputable. You're looking at a seriously flawed print. But like I said, if it makes you happy- all the more power to ya!

I know it wasnt shot in IMAX, but is this true. Im seeing it again today. But should I see it in regular print then?

I'm seeing it in regular print on Sunday, I dunno if there will be differences...

sickofsickness wrote:i rarely go to the movies anymore. i see about 2 movies in the theater a year. this year the other one was Jeunet's "Micmacs" which was great.

Anyway, I saw TDK which had IMAX scenes.

But someone on facebook said:

Guys, inception wasnt designed for imax. I mean this literally. All theyre doing is blowing up the print. Youre paying a ton of money to see a shittier version. Just because something is bigger does not make it better. (Somehow this is going to turn into a convo about my 1 inch cock isnt it)

and then added:

Whatever makes you happy. Awesome. All i'm saying is that technically you're seeing a shittier print. This is not disputable. You're looking at a seriously flawed print. But like I said, if it makes you happy- all the more power to ya!

I know it wasnt shot in IMAX, but is this true. Im seeing it again today. But should I see it in regular print then?
It wasn't shot in IMAX, but some scenes were shot with 65mm film (whereas IMAX is 70mm and taller) which means it will be a higher quality. I have seen it in both IMAX and regular and I though the IMAX was better quality.

nah watch it in IMAX, I don't think that guy knows what he is talking about.

quite contrarian wrote:nah watch it in IMAX, I don't think that guy knows what he is talking about.
she was a chick

sickofsickness wrote:
quite contrarian wrote:nah watch it in IMAX, I don't think that guy knows what he is talking about.
she was a chick
lol.
Well Warner Bros said the sound is re-mastered just for IMAX...so for that reason go for imax.

go far imax it wo't be "100 percent imax sharp" but will still have a higer resolution and way better sound than regular ; )

If you are concerned, just watch in on normal screen.

Scenes were shot in 65mm, and then blew up to 6k resolution. It will look better in IMAX.

I've seen it in both. And while in IMAX it doesn't look particularly amazing, the sound is incredible.