im concerned....

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
TeddyBlass wrote:I've seen it in both. And while in IMAX it doesn't look particularly amazing, the sound is incredible.
There are several scenes that looked incredible on the IMAX screen, but the enhanced sound is really where it's at. It immerses you in the film so much.

ThaIllest89 wrote:Scenes were shot in 65mm, and then blew up to 6k resolution. It will look better in IMAX.
QFT. Your friend is half right.

I watched it on a real IMAX screen (the big kind, not the lieMAX kind). It was pretty cool, but my biggest complaint (a really huge one) is that black splotches kept showing up on the screen. They weren't too big, but they were very, very distracting. I don't know if this happens on all IMAX screens or what, but it really annoyed me.

Windows 7 wrote:I watched it on a real IMAX screen (the big kind, not the lieMAX kind). It was pretty cool, but my biggest complaint (a really huge one) is that black splotches kept showing up on the screen. They weren't too big, but they were very, very distracting. I don't know if this happens on all IMAX screens or what, but it really annoyed me.
That just means the projectionist damaged the print when assembling it, or it was already damaged.

If Wally/Nolan/WB scan the IMAX master for the Blu Ray, I will kill somebody. Here's to hoping they won't...

sickofsickness wrote:i rarely go to the movies anymore. i see about 2 movies in the theater a year. this year the other one was Jeunet's "Micmacs" which was great.

Anyway, I saw TDK which had IMAX scenes.

But someone on facebook said:

Guys, inception wasnt designed for imax. I mean this literally. All theyre doing is blowing up the print. Youre paying a ton of money to see a shittier version. Just because something is bigger does not make it better. (Somehow this is going to turn into a convo about my 1 inch cock isnt it)

and then added:

Whatever makes you happy. Awesome. All i'm saying is that technically you're seeing a shittier print. This is not disputable. You're looking at a seriously flawed print. But like I said, if it makes you happy- all the more power to ya!

I know it wasnt shot in IMAX, but is this true. Im seeing it again today. But should I see it in regular print then?
I've seen it in regular and IMAX theaters. IMAX is the way to see it; it is not shot with IMAX cameras, but the image is spectacular in IMAX.

TeddyBlass wrote:I've seen it in both. And while in IMAX it doesn't look particularly amazing, the sound is incredible.
But which LOOKED better?

I was really blown away by the chase scene(s) and the
van crash/falling
and the
ellen page cafe
scene

I thought it looked amazing.

Was the regular showing more or equally stunning?

Im seeing the 115am showing on the 80' IMAX screen in NYC.

I mean, for the money, that screen is so big, it gives me vertigo. I guess I was too chicken to pay for the much smaller regular experience. And I go to the movies 2x a year usually...this 2nd viewing is #3 for me.

But VISUALLY, which did you find superior?

neo78956 wrote:
There are several scenes that looked incredible on the IMAX screen, but the enhanced sound is really where it's at. It immerses you in the film so much.
^ This.

I saw it with Teddy both times, a regular theater for the screening and then IMAX for the midnight show. You're definitely not seeing the entire frame in IMAX and you can tell a difference between the 35mm shots and the 65mm ones. Also, with IMAX you can more clearly tell that some close-up-face-shots are just completely out of focus. Although, this is only apparent when you're watching the movie on a screen the size of a building and when the aspect ratio is jazzed up.

All this aside, the sound is nuts. It fully immerses you in the film, like neo said.
You can feel the sound in your seat. :thumbup:

IMAX is worth it.

k, i guess i feel like a jackass though.

Yeah, but I feel like I just spent $38 on the 2 tickets and im VISUALLY missing something. I hear mixed comments, but while the sound may be superior, I just dont want to miss anything from seeing it in IMAX. from your post, it sounds like since the whole frame isnt in the picture, Im missing things.

more so, especially since im seeing it on an 80' imax screen. i just really hope it doesnt suck for me.