For Those Who Have Questions

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
ErickJD08 wrote:I also have a weird take but I think it works on most levels (no pun intended). I think the movie is about Mal trying to save Cobb out of limbo. She created this whole dream. Here is the kicker. Mal is Ariadne. Cobb and Mal were both in limbo and she was trying to get him out. And she failed. Hence the ending.

How did Mal and Cobb get into Limbo? Easy, that was the train. They were heavily sedated together and they both died putting them into limbo.

How did Mal get out? She committed suicide. She knew it was a dream. That was HER SECRET. Her totem told her that the house and kids was in his dream.

Why is Mal actually Ariadne? Cobb didn't trust Mal anymore. Ariadne was introduced to gain Cobb's trust. They were introduced based on the events in the intro with the proposed deal. He went introduced through his father in law OR Mal's father. Mal's father said she was better than him. Even in their first dream, he was impressed with how well she dealt with the dream. Also, let's not over look Ariadne totem. It was a pawn. Just a piece for Mal's game.

I think to escape limbo, you have to kill yourself. Mal jumped off the ledge thus getting out of limbo. That is why she tried to convince Cobb to jump too. He didn't trust her. Now, draw this similarity with Ariadne. At the end, she ask Cobb to come with her and jump of the building again. He didn't... Mal failed.

And I think the elevator has something to do with the level of dream he is at.
I would also like to add that this theory means that by spinning mal's totem he actually saved her rather than dooming her.

Wow, Its like a fairy tale isn't it? Or more appropriately a Greek myth.

MrFang wrote:
Jarmel wrote:It seems everybody is misunderstanding the kicks. The kick goes into effect not when you're falling but when you hit the ground. The van kick went into effect when they hit the water and Dom's kick goes into effect when he hit the water in the beginning.
As others have pointed out, a kick is the feeling of falling, not actually hitting the ground. That's why, when the van went off the bridge, everyone noticed it and called it "the first kick." They weren't done with their mission, though, so they ignored/resisted it, and waited for the second kick: the van hitting the water.
Actually they were two levels in. Somebody else pointed that out. Arthur should have been kicked out though.

Jarmel wrote:Actually they were two levels in. Somebody else pointed that out. Arthur should have been kicked out though.
Maybe. Still, I think it depends on your interpretation. I would prefer to view the movie as "truth." That is, there are no mistakes, no plot holes, nothing like that; the story is all true and it is up to the audience to figure out what happened, how to explain everything. So when I watch it, kicks can be resisted.

Is Yusef the level 1 dreamer?

I think so. He remains awake. Just like JGL is the 2nd level dreamer, and he remains awake.

Regarding the fairy tale/mythology aspect: it's interesting that Cobb's "sin" or "hubris" is Inception and his eventual salvation is Inception too.

MrFang wrote:
Jarmel wrote:Actually they were two levels in. Somebody else pointed that out. Arthur should have been kicked out though.
Maybe. Still, I think it depends on your interpretation. I would prefer to view the movie as "truth." That is, there are no mistakes, no plot holes, nothing like that; the story is all true and it is up to the audience to figure out what happened, how to explain everything. So when I watch it, kicks can be resisted.
Why would hitting the water constitute as falling though? The van going over the side is obvious as a kick.

I have a question. Sorry if it has been asked already. How were the dreamers consciously aware that they were dreaming? Take the whole “This is your first lesson” scene. It was mind blowing because what Cobb said was very true: you always end up in the middle of the dream (never remember the beginning), and dreams feel real while you are in them.

Ariadne was fully aware when using “dream share” the second time. She had no experience, looked for no clues in which she was in a dream state, and she didn’t even use her totem.

In fact, I think the whole totem thing was overlooked. If one was thoroughly involved in dream invasion, wouldn’t the individual have to constantly use their totem to tell if they are being invaded/on a mission/out of a mission?

I wish Lucid dreaming was explained more to be honest.

And I almost wish that the experienced dream users used key words/sentences to tell the others that were dreaming.

Ex.

Dream level 1 for Inception mission.

Ariadne standing in the rain without the slightest idea of what is happening.

Cobb approaches and says key sentence “No time for Rest, Architect”

Ariadne knows it’s a dream.

Jarmel wrote:Why would hitting the water constitute as falling though? The van going over the side is obvious as a kick.
It essentially resets the feeling of falling. They felt like they were falling when the van went over, then it hits the water, jolting them all. After it hits the water, however, the van is still straight up and down, which means that everyone still (or rather, once again) feels like they're falling.
Armandhammer wrote:I have a question. Sorry if it has been asked already. How were the dreamers consciously aware that they were dreaming? Take the whole “This is your first lesson” scene. It was mind blowing because what Cobb said was very true: you always end up in the middle of the dream (never remember the beginning), and dreams feel real while you are in them.

Ariadne was fully aware when using “dream share” the second time. She had no experience, looked for no clues in which she was in a dream state, and she didn’t even use her totem.

In fact, I think the whole totem thing was overlooked. If one was thoroughly involved in dream invasion, wouldn’t the individual have to constantly use their totem to tell if they are being invaded/on a mission/out of a mission?

I wish Lucid dreaming was explained more to be honest.

And I almost wish that the experienced dream users used key words/sentences to tell the others that were dreaming.

Ex.

Dream level 1 for Inception mission.

Ariadne standing in the rain without the slightest idea of what is happening.

Cobb approaches and says key sentence “No time for Rest, Architect”

Ariadne knows it’s a dream.
I don't know. I suspect it's just practice. Outside of the movie, there are a lot of people who have found ways to send themselves into lucid dreams. They don't all use the same method, but they HAVE all needed to practice to develop the skill. I imagine it's the same for the members of the "Dream Team." They know from experience.

Every one is making theories. and everyone can
Can some one pls explain this Mal-Adriane theory , just cant get it. anyway that thought is just briliant.

2.i still have a doubt. How Cobb came to Satios Limbo. everyone says Cobb somehow got kicked back to level 1 where drowning threw him to Satios Limbo. But the movie doesnt show wat kicked Cobb back to level 1. pls help

3.And how the last dream saved Fisher since he was already dead in level3
thanx in advance