Your INCEPTION review!

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
robertrulez wrote:
chee wrote:
Barrett wrote:Wow, I'm really shocked and saddened by all these Nolan Fans calling "not bad" "ok" and "disappointing." I thought it was one of the most powerful movie experiences I've ever had. I know everyone has there own opinion, but it seems like a lot of you are nitpicking way too hard at an obviosuly unrealistic science-fiction concept.

Best Nolan film yet. Seen it twice already. It's honestly better the second time. Going again on Sunday. Feel sorry for those of you who don't like it.
I loved it, but I think that the film is just too loose. Memento was confusing at first, but it can only go one way after you figure it out. It's a good movie, but I wouldn't say it was Nolan's best.
agreed, TDK and Memento are superior
Ok, well, I completely disagree with you. So, there ya go.

and it looked pretty amazing from a cgi standpoint, I just think that Nolan wasted the whole budget on travel :lol:

don't get me wrong some of the scenes were FLAWLESS, especially the zero gravity, but all in all it was pretty unimpressive from a technical standpoint
The ignorance of some members is baffling.

1.) The budget was 200 million, Nolan spent 160 million. He could have spent more money on pretty much anything.

2.) You are literally the only one to insult it from a technical standpoint. Anybody who tries to say this is not impressive technically is blind, or just stupidly ignorant to how films are made.

CrazyEight wrote: You are literally the only one to insult it from a technical standpoint. Anybody who tries to say this is not impressive technically is blind, or just stupidly ignorant to how film are made.
THANK YOU! Like, are we the only ones who thought it was amazing?! All the rest of you sound like snobbish jaded "movie buffs." "Yeah it was alright, but..." :roll: Honestly, if Inception didnt' impress the sh*it out of you in every aspect of filmmaking, than you have the most ridiculous expectations of all time, and also, what DOES impress you then...? I'm literally not processing the reactions from people here. This is all baffling to me. :wtf:
Last edited by Barrett on July 16th, 2010, 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I loved it. I am still unsure if I think it is better than his others, but it is definitely very close.

The only part that was iffy was the fourth stage CGI building scene, and that CGI wasn't bad at all. You can recognize it was CGI, but its not low-budget bad.

Everything else technically was amazing. There is no denying that.

if Inception didnt' impress the sh*it out of you in every aspect of filmmaking,than you have the most ridiculous expectations of all time
Agreed man. It is pretty much a near perfect film. One of the best I have seen in the past couple of years.
chee wrote:The only part that was iffy was the fourth stage CGI building scene, and that CGI wasn't bad at all. You can recognize it was CGI, but its not low-budget bad.

What Chee said.
Last edited by Artemis on July 16th, 2010, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chee wrote:The only part that was iffy was the fourth stage CGI building scene, and that CGI wasn't bad at all. You can recognize it was CGI, but its not low-budget bad.

I'm not just talking about the technical stuff, I'm talking about the acting, the story, the emotions, the music, EVERYTHING! It was all INCREDIBLE!!!

JRM
Barrett wrote:Wow, I'm really shocked and saddened by all these Nolan Fans calling Inception "not bad" "ok" and "disappointing." Am I the only one who thought it was one of the most powerful movie experiences I've ever had? I'm not just saying that as a Nolan-nerd. I seriously think it's one of the best movies I've ever seen. I know everyone has there own opinion, but it seems like a lot of you are nitpicking way too hard at an obviously unrealistic science-fiction concept.

Best Nolan film yet. Seen it twice already. It's honestly better the second time. Going again on Sunday. Feel sorry for those of you who don't like it. Honestly, if this doesn't impress you, what does?
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: Right here. Blown away.

I was kinda cold to it initially but I warmed up to it. My main complaint was how weak the snowbattle was between Eames and the mind police. The Zero-G fight for me was easily the best scene in the movie and I wish they had focused more on that and less on the shooting aspect. Everything other than the setup of Level 3 was pretty fantastic though.

Just got back from seeing it. WOW!! I absolutely loved this film in every way. The characters were all great and the action was unbelievable. Gorgeous cinematography by Wally Pfister. From the beginning to the thrilling climax, my eyes were glued to the screen soaking up every moment! My mind is still racing with thoughts trying to convey this film. But the superlatives are limitless. Definitely one of those films that reward you on repeat viewings. I'm looking forward to seeing Inception again. It was an amazing experience mentally as well as visually.

Tom Hardy & JGL are just too awesome btw!