Your INCEPTION review!

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
robertrulez wrote: -no true imax shots
Jesus Christ it wasn't shot in IMAX get over it.

"Even if it didn't have any emotional punch to you, its not laughable."
I just thought it was shot weird. I don't believe for one second that you haven't seen a movie that had a death you found ridiculous looking and laughed a little bit even though it was supposed to be serious.

robertrulez wrote:hated:
I heard so much about how CN hated using CGI yet the 4th dream was full of AWFUL quality cgi, the buildings looked so fake especially when everything was getting destroyed
Yea, I kinda wished he used miniatures for that part. Although I suppose getting miniatures to destroy the way they did would've been hard to do through practical effects.

I thought the falling buildings were cool. Didn't see a problem, but that is just me.

chee wrote:
I heard so much about how CN hated using CGI yet the 4th dream was full of AWFUL quality cgi, the buildings looked so fake especially when everything was getting destroyed
Yea, I kinda wished he used miniatures for that part. Although I suppose getting miniatures to destroy the way they did would've been hard to do through practical effects.
Call me crazy, but I've seen that CGI doesn't always look so good on a screen so big.
Hopefully it will be cleaned up some more when the Blu Ray/DVD comes out.

Wow, I'm really shocked and saddened by all these Nolan Fans calling Inception "not bad" "ok" and "disappointing." Am I the only one who thought it was one of the most powerful movie experiences I've ever had? I'm not just saying that as a Nolan-nerd. I seriously think it's one of the best movies I've ever seen. I know everyone has there own opinion, but it seems like a lot of you are nitpicking way too hard at an obviously unrealistic science-fiction concept.

Best Nolan film yet. Seen it twice already. It's honestly better the second time. Going again on Sunday. Feel sorry for those of you who don't like it. Honestly, if this doesn't impress you, what does?
Last edited by Barrett on July 16th, 2010, 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I didn't like the pacing and some of the story elements felt flat and clinical but it was very ambitious and I was completely absorbed the whole time so I guess it sort of makes up for it. Also the cinematography is among the best I've seen and the score was pretty good too although distracting in some scenes. The production was just top notch overall. Most of the characters had hardly any depth but that's understandable and not really a complaint. My initial score was a 9.5 but I think it may drop down to a 9 but I'm going to see it again tomorrow before my final judgment. It could even go up.

Barrett wrote:Wow, I'm really shocked and saddened by all these Nolan Fans calling "not bad" "ok" and "disappointing." I thought it was one of the most powerful movie experiences I've ever had. I know everyone has there own opinion, but it seems like a lot of you are nitpicking way too hard at an obviosuly unrealistic science-fiction concept.

Best Nolan film yet. Seen it twice already. It's honestly better the second time. Going again on Sunday. Feel sorry for those of you who don't like it.
I loved it, but I think that the film is just too loose. Memento was confusing at first, but it can only go one way after you figure it out. It's a good movie, but I wouldn't say it was Nolan's best.

CrazyEight wrote:
robertrulez wrote: -no true imax shots
Jesus Christ it wasn't shot in IMAX get over it.
well it would have been nice seeing as how he shot some of tdk in imax
akv1984 wrote:
chee wrote:
Call me crazy, but I've seen that CGI doesn't always look so good on a screen so big.
Hopefully it will be cleaned up some more when the Blu Ray/DVD comes out.
Well I saw transformers 2 in imax (awful movie), and it looked pretty amazing from a cgi standpoint, I just think that Nolan wasted the whole budget on travel :lol:

don't get me wrong some of the scenes were FLAWLESS, especially the zero gravity, but all in all it was pretty unimpressive from a technical standpoint

chee wrote:
Barrett wrote:Wow, I'm really shocked and saddened by all these Nolan Fans calling "not bad" "ok" and "disappointing." I thought it was one of the most powerful movie experiences I've ever had. I know everyone has there own opinion, but it seems like a lot of you are nitpicking way too hard at an obviosuly unrealistic science-fiction concept.

Best Nolan film yet. Seen it twice already. It's honestly better the second time. Going again on Sunday. Feel sorry for those of you who don't like it.
I loved it, but I think that the film is just too loose. Memento was confusing at first, but it can only go one way after you figure it out. It's a good movie, but I wouldn't say it was Nolan's best.
agreed, TDK and Memento are superior