Your INCEPTION review!

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I thought it would be cool if we took all of Nolanfans Inception reviews and put it all into one thread. It will make the forum a lot more organized, and it will make it easiere for those who wants to look through the reviews.

- Please mark any kind of spoilers with a spoiler mark.
- If you want to, you can end your review with a rating (1-10 or whatever suits you)
- To those of you who have already posted a review on the board, please just copy/paste it into this thread.
- Long or Short, any review will do it!

Let the fan-reviews begin!

(moderators/admins: If you don't think this review collection idea is good, you are welcome to close this thread, I just think it will be a good thing, in order to keep the Inception forum organized, since a lot of user-reviews will be written in the next days and weeks.)

just saw it, its nearly midnight. im gonna have to sleep on it and i will wake up either loving or hating it.

Didnt like the ending or beginning. the whole movie just seemed like a cop-out. But dont get me wrong its not bad! very clever and intricate blahblah but i dunno it wasnt as good as i thought it would be :|

James wrote:just saw it, its nearly midnight. im gonna have to sleep on it and i will wake up either loving or hating it.

Didnt like the ending or beginning. the whole movie just seemed like a cop-out. But dont get me wrong its not bad! very clever and intricate blahblah but i dunno it wasnt as good as i thought it would be :|
The ending I can understand, but the beginning? Why didn't you like the beginning?

It was fucking amazing!

That's all you need to know.

"just saw it, its nearly midnight. im gonna have to sleep on it and i will wake up either loving or hating it.

Didnt like the ending or beginning. the whole movie just seemed like a cop-out. But dont get me wrong its not bad! very clever and intricate blahblah but i dunno it wasnt as good as i thought it would be"

Pretty much the same for me at this point. I really enjoyed the part where Ellen discovered she was dreaming and JGL's fight but I had a hard time taking in/taking serious
"The Shade" and her whole part and I felt the whole her jumping off the building was basicly laughable
. All the previews seemed to have the best part IMO and at this point it was a pretty big disappointment to me and I think the five other people who were there at noon today thought so too. Not bad, just not mindblowing like The Matrix for me.

JRM
BRILLIANT. Best Nolan film ever, imho. And quite possibly one of my all time favorite films.

That is all.

PowerDump wrote:but I had a hard time taking in/taking serious
"The Shade" and her whole part and I felt the whole her jumping off the building was basicly laughable
Seriously? I found that part incredibly sad.
Didn't know suicide was funny.

Oh come on, that is really a stretch.
I'm not saying suicide is funny in the slightest. Her "death" just didn't have any emotional punch at all (IMO of course)

PowerDump wrote:Oh come on, that is really a stretch.
I'm not saying suicide is funny in the slightest. Her "death" just didn't have any emotional punch at all (IMO of course)
Even if it didn't have any emotional punch to you, its not laughable.

I really believe people are going to look back at it the same way people look at 2001, I doubt it'll get the appreciation that TDK had simply because in all honestly it was way too complicated for it's own good. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THAT aspect because I have a deep appreciation for film and it was awesome for my friends and I to talk about it and discuss the themes and ideas behind it, but I doubt the general American public will feel the same. TDK and the Matrix was definitely better because it was coherent/very easy to follow and it explored many different themes and concepts.

Loved:
-phenomenal acting
-great sound
-phenomenal stunts
-some of the effects were amazing like the exploding and rotating paris
-phenomenal story

hated:
I heard so much about how CN hated using CGI yet the 4th dream was full of AWFUL quality cgi, the buildings looked so fake especially when everything was getting destroyed
-plotholes
-mindfuck at times
-no true imax shots