Your INCEPTION review!

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Where most people couldn't stand the exposition scenes. I couldn't get enough of them. I really enjoyed how Nolan made these dream concepts more understandable and not just scientific terms from studies on metaphysics. If the movie had terms from that field of study, then this movie would be confusing and no one would get it. This is not the case and, like Memento it deserves and demands multiple viewings before making a decision on whether you hated it, or loved it.

Examples of dream concepts:
1. The concept of waking someone up with a "kick" (I believe we've all had a dream like that)

2.When arthur explains how inception is impossible with the whole what's the first thing you thought of after I said that word.
the list of these kind of concepts are so mind blowing that I can't list most of them, because my brain can't handle it. (That and I don't have the script... yet).

acting, cinematography and direction was superb. You really can't compare it with other movies and believe me with almost every movie I see there is some aspect that reminds me of another film. with inception i couldn't find to many copy and paste moments from other films. and if there are and I'm just not seeing them (which is a possibility), then nolan is building a homage to the films. and yes I did see the article about nolan's film inspirations, but frankly. I didn't see any of that in inception.

I can't decide whether I like Nolan more as a screenwriter or director. He does such a fantastic job at both.

Barrett wrote:Wow, I'm really shocked and saddened by all these Nolan Fans calling Inception "not bad" "ok" and "disappointing." Am I the only one who thought it was one of the most powerful movie experiences I've ever had? I'm not just saying that as a Nolan-nerd. I seriously think it's one of the best movies I've ever seen. I know everyone has there own opinion, but it seems like a lot of you are nitpicking way too hard at an obviously unrealistic science-fiction concept.

Best Nolan film yet. Seen it twice already. It's honestly better the second time. Going again on Sunday. Feel sorry for those of you who don't like it. Honestly, if this doesn't impress you, what does?
People are so spoilt nowadays that they'll be finicky about anything they are served, even a gourmet meal like this one. Sorry to be harsh, but it is true.

Personally I think its a great movie that will stand the test of time. It's up there with the best.

I'm sure Inception will grow on me. I thought TDK was alright when I first saw it but now it is one of my personal favorites.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'd just like to say that when people like Roeper are calling it "the best film of the 21st century", it can't be that bad. :wtf:

Honestly Nolan films just get better with repeat viewing. Both Memento and TDK were awesome to me when I first saw them and continued to grow in how awesome they were. The Prestige and Batman Begins grew, and continue to grow, on me. But I love all of them.

I can't see Inception being bad especially when people are calling it Nolan's "magnum opus". :crazy:

It was very good, easy to comprehend, and technically astonishing. Marion stole the show, she is absolutely incredible as always. Ellen, whom I love in just about everything else, had nothing to work with here. Her character was an overtly obvious plot tool and audience tour guide. Couldn't stand her constant questioning, didn't feel the film was so complex that it warranted all that questioning. Also didn't buy into Leo's seemingly instant trust of her, especially after getting burned on his last architect. I don't think it's his best film ( I still like The Prestige and Memento more) but it's certainly one of the best of this year.

The movie left me feeling cold, but I was also in a state of awe and bewilderment! It was a “good” movie experience, I will never do another midnight showing again, bottom line it was just unhealthy lol.

The movie was amazing and I will write up a review soon, I hope.

Just wanted to point out some things that bugged me (I can be here all day with the positives)

1)Saito. Wait, what did this guy just say?

2)The shaky Camera in some action scenes. Why are all movie directors using this … horrid technique?

3)I picked this up from another user, and I completely agree. Movie had to be in two parts or something, because even with a 2 and a half hour running time, it flew by, and it felt rushed at some points.

Other than that … one of the best movies I have seen

Need a repeat viewing :JGLface:

"I'm not just talking about the technical stuff, I'm talking about the acting, the story, the emotions, the music, EVERYTHING! It was all INCREDIBLE!!!"

I loved this movie, Im going to post a review after my second viewing, but I loved it, especially the ending. How was everyones crowd reaction when it cut to black?

528491 wrote:"I'm not just talking about the technical stuff, I'm talking about the acting, the story, the emotions, the music, EVERYTHING! It was all INCREDIBLE!!!"

I loved this movie, Im going to post a review after my second viewing, but I loved it, especially the ending. How was everyones crowd reaction when it cut to black?
Mixture of "What?" "AAAWWW!" "NOOOO!" "Come on!" and some depressing laughter. :lol:

Haha mine was Whaaa?!! and Ohhh! :lol:

chee wrote:
528491 wrote:"I'm not just talking about the technical stuff, I'm talking about the acting, the story, the emotions, the music, EVERYTHING! It was all INCREDIBLE!!!"

Mixture of "What?" "AAAWWW!" "NOOOO!" "Come on!" and some depressing laughter. :lol:
Mine had a lot of groans and the guy next to me screamed WTF. I just sat there in silence. Also much of the audience stayed in their seats for a little while. I think they were trying to process it all.