Inception does 3 million dollar in midnight showing

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Team Nolan totally rocks! :-) Lets hope the incredible word of mouth spreads far and wide and gives Inception long legs..

kanjisheik wrote:Team Nolan totally rocks! :-) Lets hope the incredible word of mouth spreads far and wide and gives Inception long legs..
Haha ya. Well i would assume a great number of people have seen the TV spots and stuff. Hopefully it will interest them and see it.

I think the film will have fantastic word of mouth. It requires great discussion after you have seen the film, and necessitates repeat viewings. It is the kind of film that people will talk about, and those who haven't seen it will be left out and want to go and see it. And their friends that have seen it might just go again to see it with them.

JRM
kanjisheik wrote:Team Nolan totally rocks! :-) Lets hope the incredible word of mouth spreads far and wide and gives Inception long legs..
Team Nolan! :clap:

I was kind of puzzled as to why Nolan didn't urge WB to release it on a Wednesday. One would think that after his homerun in 2008, WB would give him that option, unless he purposely wanted it that way to have massive Friday opening numbers.

I worked at a movie theater in 2008, so those two full weeks in July were pretty much the busiest and most successful the theater had ever had. Lines were stretched outside and wrapped around the building. I hope Inception can get a bite out of that pie as well.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Merkel wrote:Inception is looking at a 20 million Friday

http://www.deadline.com/2010/07/solid-3 ... inception/
That would put it between $60-70 Million for the weekend likely. That's way awesome. I was worried it wouldn't do that well, but I guess I've already seen it twice so other people must have as well.