Inception does 3 million dollar in midnight showing

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Jarmel wrote:I just want them to make a profit so Nolan is given free reign for DK3 as well as to show that originality does pay off.
I think Nolan will have "free reign" for B3 ANYWAY, cause even if Inception doesn't make THAT much money, the next Batman movie would bring back all the "missed" profits from Nolan's previous work :)
Sony f****d up the Spider-man franchise by taking away the creative freedom from Raimi, WB won't make that mistake (expecially after the great results achieved by BB and TDK, both artistically and economically)

BTW, Inception could have a potential boost from the Imax showings. Many people said in the reviews that Inception (just like TDK was 2 years ago) is a movie to experience in an Imax theatre (praising particularly the "zero gravity hallway fight") :D

I'm really hyped up for the movie. I'm gonna see it next Thursday at the "sneak preview" in Goteborg, Sweden, and I already have the tickets ready in my wallet :clap:

Nicola wrote:
Jarmel wrote:I just want them to make a profit so Nolan is given free reign for DK3 as well as to show that originality does pay off.
I think Nolan will have "free reign" for B3 ANYWAY, cause even if Inception doesn't make THAT much money, the next Batman movie is gonna bring back all the "missed" profits from Nolan's previous movie :) Sony f****d up the Spider-man franchise by taking away the creative freedom from Raimi, WB won't make that mistake (expecially after the great results of BB and TDK)
Btw, Inception could have a potential boost from the Imax showings. Many people said in the reviews that Inception (just like TDK was 2 years ago) is a movie to experience in an Imax theatre (praising particularly the "zero gravity hallway fight") :D
Totally agree.

I'm proud I was there to help out the box-office. More to follow from my wallet.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Doodlebug wrote:But remember guys, Avatar's opening is not what made it a huge success, but insane word of mouth and some very low drops as a result.
We know, but Inception has a good chance at strong WOM too. Not Avatar WOM because it doesn't have such an easy to understand story, but as long as it makes $50-60m during opening weekend it has a good chance to make $200-250m domestic (which is great for this type of movie). Just for reference, taking out the 3D boost Avatar would have made $55-60m during its opening weekend. So if Inception lands around there it's in a good spot. It's an original film, meaning legs should be significantly stronger than a franchise, remake, blah blah blah type of movie. :D
god, that would be amazing. do you think $ 60m is possible?

Hmmmm.......

Decent start. I'm hoping so much that this becomes a box office success or at least performs good, even better than people might have expected. Guess we'll see how it ends up.

Christopher Nolan wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:
Doodlebug wrote:But remember guys, Avatar's opening is not what made it a huge success, but insane word of mouth and some very low drops as a result.
We know, but Inception has a good chance at strong WOM too. Not Avatar WOM because it doesn't have such an easy to understand story, but as long as it makes $50-60m during opening weekend it has a good chance to make $200-250m domestic (which is great for this type of movie). Just for reference, taking out the 3D boost Avatar would have made $55-60m during its opening weekend. So if Inception lands around there it's in a good spot. It's an original film, meaning legs should be significantly stronger than a franchise, remake, blah blah blah type of movie. :D
god, that would be amazing. do you think $ 60m is possible?

I think its got a shot.

WOM BABY! Inception has been the #1 trending topic on Twitter this morning, and love em' or hate em', Chris Brown just tweeted this to his 500,000+ followers:
INCEPTION was soooooooooo incredible... although it was 3hours long!!!!
http://twitter.com/chrisbrown/status/18676689947

WOM BABY!

Barrett wrote:WOM BABY! Inception has been the #1 trending topic on Twitter this morning, and love em' or hate em', Chris Brown just tweeted this to his 500,000+ followers:

WOM BABY!

Did he see it at midnight?

Barrett wrote:WOM BABY! Inception has been the #1 trending topic on Twitter this morning, and love em' or hate em', Chris Brown just tweeted this to his 500,000+ followers:

WOM BABY!
i hate the guy but at least he did something good..