Desperately need help in clearing some points!!

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Hi guys. So i just saw Inception and OMFG!! that was one brilliant film. Absolutely loved the visuals and the action.
I'm from india and I am used to watching english movies either on my laptop or on dvd, both have subtitles therefore!!. I think I missed about 10% of the Inception's dialogue and its quite difficult to understand when some character tends to talk very fast. So here are some of the questions I have. They may be very dumb but please answer them to help me gain a clearer view on this brilliant piece of art.
1. If you are in someone's dream (like in the opening sequence we are in saito's dream) does everyone have the ability to change things around other than the architect??

2. Why exactly did Cob and Mal go in a limbo?? What was their motivation? Was it because cob was trying to hide from those searching for him?

3. If you are killed in a simple dream then u wake up but if u are in a multi-layered dream then u go in a limbo,right? But if after you are killed and sedative effect has worn off do u still wake up?

4. When mal kills fischer in the 3rd layer, then why do cob and ariadne have to go to the world which cob and mal created together?? I mean a limbo can be anything, right? And why exactly is fischered captured by mal in the 4th layer?

5. And finally the part where in the end when cob goes to a much older saito?? I must admit I was completely lost at that point. Didnt understand a second of it :D

Please help me guys!!!

waveking wrote:Hi guys. So i just saw Inception and OMFG!! that was one brilliant film. Absolutely loved the visuals and the action.
I'm from india and I am used to watching english movies either on my laptop or on dvd, both have subtitles therefore!!. I think I missed about 10% of the Inception's dialogue and its quite difficult to understand when some character tends to talk very fast. So here are some of the questions I have. They may be very dumb but please answer them to help me gain a clearer view on this brilliant piece of art.
1. If you are in someone's dream (like in the opening sequence we are in saito's dream) does everyone have the ability to change things around other than the architect??

2. Why exactly did Cob and Mal go in a limbo?? What was their motivation? Was it because cob was trying to hide from those searching for him?

3. If you are killed in a simple dream then u wake up but if u are in a multi-layered dream then u go in a limbo,right? But if after you are killed and sedative effect has worn off do u still wake up?

4. When mal kills fischer in the 3rd layer, then why do cob and ariadne have to go to the world which cob and mal created together?? I mean a limbo can be anything, right? And why exactly is fischered captured by mal in the 4th layer?

5. And finally the part where in the end when cob goes to a much older saito?? I must admit I was completely lost at that point. Didnt understand a second of it :D

Please help me guys!!!
1. i think everyone can perform each others' job, just that each team member excel in a certain aspect (like Leo in extraction, Eames in forging, JGL with planning etc)

2. Cobb and Mal had gone so deep into their dreams (didn't mentioned how many layers), and they used their memories to create their dream world, so much so that Mal lost track of reality and dream, and both of them got stuck there, Cobb i think voluntarily chose to accompany Mal although he knew he was in the dream

3. Not sure about that (can you wake up after the sedatives wore off)

4. this is also my question...since Mal is Cobb's projection (if i am not mistaken), then how could she gained "self consciousness"?

5. Saito died earlier than Cobb, and the deeper the dream, the faster the time pass by, so although Saito died just a few minutes ahead of Cobb, it would be years he was trapped in limbo

Thnx for the reply, mate!!
But why did cob and mal go deep down their memories??? Was it because they were not satisfied by the real world??

Also when cob and mal were in limbo together, they killed themselves by a train to get out of it. So that means one can get out of a limbo if he/she dies in the limbo?? But that contradicts the whole panic the team faces when cob tells them that if they die in the 1/2/3 layer then they go into a limbo where they will be trapped forever. One can easily kill himself in a limbo and wake up.

waveking wrote:Thnx for the reply, mate!!
But why did cob and mal go deep down their memories??? Was it because they were not satisfied by the real world??
they were experimenting on dreamshare, and it was Cobb who wanted to go deep

as per the limbo, i think:

since in the limbo you lost the sense that you are dreaming, hence there's no urge to wake up, so unless someone like Cobb who knew he was dreaming enters the limbo and convince the person that he's dreaming, he cannot get out

eg: Mal (which is why Cobb had to plant the idea in her brain because she was so stubbornly believed that she wasn't dreaming)

waveking wrote:Also when cob and mal were in limbo together, they killed themselves by a train to get out of it. So that means one can get out of a limbo if he/she dies in the limbo?? But that contradicts the whole panic the team faces when cob tells them that if they die in the 1/2/3 layer then they go into a limbo where they will be trapped forever. One can easily kill himself in a limbo and wake up.
I don't think Cobb and Mal were ever in limbo. Don't you need a sedative to get into limbo in the first place? Cobb never knew about a sedative until the driver of the van told him about it.

How can mal not realize that she is dreaming. I mean they created a full city together. That cannot be done for real. Only a dream can facilitate that kind of thing.
Also
I was confused about one thing : The dream we are in is essentailly that of the subject. Architect just creates the surroundings, right? So the subject is essentially the one who controls the dream. Or should. But we are given the impression that almost anyone can bring changes in a dream. So what importance is the subject of then ?? I know that we want his/her secrets but if anyone can mess around in a dream then, frankly speaking, there is no use of all those fist fights and snow fights. Just think about a big rocket launcher and kill anyone/everyone with considerable ease :lol:

waveking wrote:How can mal not realize that she is dreaming. I mean they created a full city together. That cannot be done for real. Only a dream can facilitate that kind of thing.
Also
I was confused about one thing : The dream we are in is essentailly that of the subject. Architect just creates the surroundings, right? So the subject is essentially the one who controls the dream. Or should. But we are given the impression that almost anyone can bring changes in a dream. So what importance is the subject of then ?? I know that we want his/her secrets but if anyone can mess around in a dream then, frankly speaking, there is no use of all those fist fights and snow fights. Just think about a big rocket launcher and kill anyone/everyone with considerable ease :lol:
try recall what Cobb thought Ariadne about creating stuffs from memory, then you will understand why

i think there's a limit of everyone's creativity(Eames and Ariadne was considerably more creative than others), and Eames did used a big gun :lol:

The more I think about this movie, the more confused I get :crazy: . Damn it, why couldn't they release the dvd with the movie :lol:
I mean I have doubts about almost all the basic things. Some more questions :
Whose dream was whose?? I think all the 3 levels were Fischer's but he was not the architect. Following are the possible architects.
first level- Yusuf
second level- JGL
third level-no idea :lol:
4th level- subconcious was that of dom but who was the architect?/
Please clarify guys!!!

waveking wrote:The more I think about this movie, the more confused I get :crazy: . Damn it, why couldn't they release the dvd with the movie :lol:
I mean I have doubts about almost all the basic things. Some more questions :
Whose dream was whose?? I think all the 3 levels were Fischer's but he was not the architect. Following are the possible architects.
first level- Yusuf
second level- JGL
third level-no idea :lol:
4th level- subconcious was that of dom but who was the architect?/
Please clarify guys!!!
3rd level was Eames' dream, and the designer for each level was Ariadne

4th level was entirely Dom's own creation