Desperately need help in clearing some points!!

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I know I did. I'm confused. I need to watch it a second time. :shock:

SeraphX17 wrote: You just contradicted yourself - You said that they had to kick themselves out of limbo. But then you said that the hotel dream kicked the snow dream back to the hotel dream. You can't kick yourself out of your own dream, you have to be kicked out from an earlier one, like how level 1 kicked level 2, and level 2 kicked level 3. So, how did they get out of 4/limbo? If you can kick yourself out of a dream and not be kicked out by an earlier dream, then that would explain everything, except why Earnes then blew up the complex. What then was the point of that kick?
the level 4/limbo was not under heavy sedation, so killing yourself will boot you out from level 4 to level 3....the explosion is like someone mentioned before, a cue for those in level 4 to prepare to kick themselves out

Dan_87 wrote:
SeraphX17 wrote: You just contradicted yourself - You said that they had to kick themselves out of limbo. But then you said that the hotel dream kicked the snow dream back to the hotel dream. You can't kick yourself out of your own dream, you have to be kicked out from an earlier one, like how level 1 kicked level 2, and level 2 kicked level 3. So, how did they get out of 4/limbo? If you can kick yourself out of a dream and not be kicked out by an earlier dream, then that would explain everything, except why Earnes then blew up the complex. What then was the point of that kick?
the level 4/limbo was not under heavy sedation, so killing yourself will boot you out from level 4 to level 3....the explosion is like someone mentioned before, a cue for those in level 4 to prepare to kick themselves out
If they weren't under heavy sedation, then they could have just killed themselves sequentially after they wake up from each dream like Cob and Mal did. They had to do the sequenced kicks or else they'd go into limbo. But you are right in that killing Fischer in the limbo for some reason made him come to in level 3. And then Ariadne either killed herself or gave into his explosion kick to get back to level 1 - not sure which does it though. I'm guessing the kick is for her because she wasn't actually dead in level 3 like fischer was.

SeraphX17 wrote:
Dan_87 wrote:
If they weren't under heavy sedation, then they could have just killed themselves sequentially after they wake up from each dream like Cob and Mal did. They had to do the sequenced kicks or else they'd go into limbo. But you are right in that killing Fischer in the limbo for some reason made him come to in level 3. And then Ariadne either killed herself or gave into his explosion kick to get back to level 1 - not sure which does it though. I'm guessing the kick is for her because she wasn't actually dead in level 3 like fischer was.
we saw they drugged Fischer on the plane and in the van, and they just connect among themselves to Fischer without the act of sedating, so i assumed that they enter level 4 only under conventional drugs (not Yusuf's super sedatives)

Thea only logical reason why Eames would blow the place up is to act as a warning to Cobb and Adriane that time is running out. It would also deter any more military personnel. It doesn't make sense for Eames though to use the explosion in L3 to get Cobb and Adriane out of L4(or Limbo). Not only would that make Adriane's suicide pointless but if she jumped and died then she would have been stuck in Limbo, if you believe that it is only L4. Fischer clearly forced himself out as Eames did nothing on his part to stimulate a kick. If Fischer was in cardiac arrest then there was no reason to go chasing after him in the first place.

Or we could just say Eames acted like an idiot and wanted to blow stuff at the end.

Jarmel wrote:Thea only logical reason why Eames would blow the place up is to act as a warning to Cobb and Adriane that time is running out. It would also deter any more military personnel. It doesn't make sense for Eames though to use the explosion in L3 to get Cobb and Adriane out of L4(or Limbo). Not only would that make Adriane's suicide pointless but if she jumped and died then she would have been stuck in Limbo, if you believe that it is only L4. Fischer clearly forced himself out as Eames did nothing on his part to stimulate a kick. If Fischer was in cardiac arrest then there was no reason to go chasing after him in the first place.

Or we could just say Eames acted like an idiot and wanted to blow stuff at the end.
Eames blowing might serve 2 purposes

1. A kick to layer 4 (limbo). Ariadne gets into limbo using machine connection, so she can get back to 3rd layer by suiciding at the time of the kick. If the timing of suicidal is wrong, she will be stuck in that limbo.

2. To kill everyone in layer 3. As far as I remember Eames did not shot Fischer in the head. So C4 can kill all Saito,Fischer,Himself, Ariadne at the time the kick from 2nd layer was launched. Hence those who survived in 3rd layer could get back to 2nd layer