Theater report

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Forum Pro
Law
IMAX theater in Palisades Mall was also sold out... 350 seats, all taken.

During the first major scene with the van, where Joseph Gordon Levitt is in the hallway (the scene that shows him running on the walls in the trailer)....that was such an intense scene, and people were litterally screaming in pleasure as to how awesome it was. I missed some pieces of dialogue throughout because of laughter, but thats okay.

also, what was actually really funny....

people were stoked. when the PREVIEWS started people were hollering with pleasure. everyone i saw at the theater was an intellectual. i had some great discussions with people.

and this is NYC, where you could be dead on the street and nobody cares. So this really brought people together.

after the TRON 2.0 trailer, the sound on it was too intense i think...vibrations were sent through my bones. it was full on sound.

and right before the movie started,there was a preview for IMAX and bragged about its use of color and sound. and some guy screamed "YOU MEAN I PAID FIVE EXTRA DOLLARS FOR THIS??!?!?!?

and everyone laughed.

it was like being a kid on christmas.

TO THOSE WHO HAVENT SEEN IT: think back to seeing Terminator 2 for the first time, with all the morphing scenes. Or the Matrix for the first time. Remember how awesome and jaw dropping it was.

This movie was MORE INTENSE than that.

I am still getting goosebumps from it. I gotta go again.

Midnight show at the Bob Bullock IMAX theatre in Austin, TX. Completely sold out, the line went out the door and around the corner, looping on itself in the courtyard of the museum. My audience consisted of mostly college students (maybe some high school students too) from the area. Some were very big film buffs, most were regular educated movie-goers. There was a standing ovation at the end. People were raving about it. Couldn't have asked for a better crowd. The one bizarre thing was a guy one row in fron of me started havgin a seizure
at about the moment Eames forged himself into Browning, so they could get the combination from Fischer, so I missed the bit of info at that part
but luckily he was ok and the security helped him out of his seat and to medical attention. No major disturbance, and the guy was ok. Phew.

Overall, like I said, awesome crowd and the film on IMAX was holy crap! Standing ovation at the end made me smile. :clap:

Silver City in Ontario it was packed, and the parking lot talk after everyone loved it
Why you lurking my page brah?

Is this only an American thing where audiuces clap or give standing ovations at the end of movies?

Samuel R. Jankis wrote:Is this only an American thing where audiuces clap or give standing ovations at the end of movies?
perhaps, but in my experience its RARE.

movies are hardly ever as intensese and gripping as inception, an it was a wild wild wild ride.

Samuel R. Jankis wrote:Is this only an American thing where audiuces clap or give standing ovations at the end of movies?
I've always considered it a seal of approval of a damn great film.

You do not see it very often.

For some reason my cinema was showing it in one of the smaller screens in the whole cinema. The screen I was in holds 229, and there was about 145 people there, which, for a 1pm showing on the first day is great. It was great as it was all adults who seemed like regular movie go'ers, which is usually not my experiance with 12A rated films (theres usually swarms of kids that really annoy me, though I did go at 1pm, so everyone would have been at school). Heard good reactions coming out of the cinema.

Saw it at midnight in the IMAX in Atlanta. Sold out, really good crowd. There was clapping in the end, but I forgot to. My brain was too busy going: WHHHHHHHHHHAT?!!!