What was your favorite scene from inception?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Vader182 wrote:If you don't mind my asking, what do you like about the taxi shootout? It's great and all but I never really thought of it as a highlight in Nolan's actionography so I'm curious :D
I have no idea. I loved the train crashing through the street, and I did really enjoy the taxi shootout. I don't really have a reason, I just think it's bad ass. 8-)

I tend to really go after the quieter scenes. One of my favorite scenes is after the big opening and Cobb is back in his room, spins his top, it topples over, then calls his kids. I just love that scene. And once Arthur goes to get Cobb, I love how they cut to the helipad immediately after Cobb says, "It's time for us to disappear." This whole movie is genius, and Nolan is genius! :thumbup:

thisman wrote:I thought it was a cool little Nolan-moment when Ariadne is making her totem. Totally parallels Bruce making batarangs in Begins

'\

That's a really, really good call.

Pretty much every moment everyone has referenced was at some point huge for me, I think the brillaince of the movie is as you understand it deeper and deeper you really see every moment as Huge if you're understanding it. That said, I'll go with an approach that hasn't been done yet:

The first Saito Cobb limbo scene and by extension: All the flute glass breaks, Cobb finding Mal's totem in the hotel, the setup of the hotel lodges, every elevator in the movie, every time the kids are on, Mombasa sequence, Eames poker chips and their back and forth that made no sense, and by special mention Micheal Caine's plea for him to wakeup, cuz I was never frustrated by that but it became so poignant when I redefined it.

Every last one of these are moments that once frustrated me or almost snapped me out of the movie, and that I considered on some level messy when I was being stubborn about thinking I had the movie down. Because they all became some of the most amazing moments to me as I finally decided to try and make sense of the difference between the two limbos and ended up discovering so much I didn't understand before.

Everything I thought was messy or surrealy convoluted is casually a huge impact emotional beat once understood. Oh and I forget, the unexplained tension between Arthur and Eames and by extension the kid that's part of their team in the first scene that's never seen again. Got me thinking...

But my overall favorite moment is the collective understanding and then experiencing every time that Cobb or Arthur teaches the rules and the tricks, and the exposition about how in general. Because Every single time Nolan is telling you exactly what he's doing to you as you experience it :thumbup:

One of the best non action scenes for me is the second time wee see Cobb talking to old Saito.

While the previous hour was frenetic and action packed (not saying it's not brilliant), with the team searching for ways to complete the mission, this scene has such clarity - Cobb knows what he has to do, but it's at the mercy of one man, Saito. The repeated lines said by Cobb and Saito gives the film it's full-circle feel.

For me it was the ending scene as he wakes up on the plane everyone's reaction to cobb (Arthur's wry grin , ariadne's WTF just happened look and saito's quick glance before he uses his phone) and of course fischer's hmm that was an odd dream look like he is tryin to figure something important to Cobb ignoring the totem as he sees his kids ....pure awesome :D

I love the 'waking up on the plane scene' with everyone looking at Cobb and in the airport where he nods in recognition of what they've just done - and Fischer's look at Cobb as if he recognises him from somewhere. Those final scenes are pure heaven to watch.. The best ever ending to a movie I'd have to say.

Rob
LomDodge wrote:I love the 'waking up on the plane scene' with everyone looking at Cobb and in the airport where he nods in recognition of what they've just done - and Fischer's look at Cobb as if he recognises him from somewhere. Those final scenes are pure heaven to watch.. The best ever ending to a movie I'd have to say.
Agreed!

jcvargas09 wrote:I tend to really go after the quieter scenes. One of my favorite scenes is after the big opening and Cobb is back in his room, spins his top, it topples over, then calls his kids. I just love that scene. And once Arthur goes to get Cobb, I love how they cut to the helipad immediately after Cobb says, "It's time for us to disappear." This whole movie is genius, and Nolan is genius! :thumbup:
That's what I'm talking about...

I love this scene because it shows Cobb's current situation - while all the scenes after see Cobb trying to return to his children, here he's a lost soul on the run... and Tokyo was really well filmed.

The spinning corridor/hotel room fight scene stands out for me. I love this scene.

christophmac wrote:
jcvargas09 wrote:I tend to really go after the quieter scenes. One of my favorite scenes is after the big opening and Cobb is back in his room, spins his top, it topples over, then calls his kids. I just love that scene. And once Arthur goes to get Cobb, I love how they cut to the helipad immediately after Cobb says, "It's time for us to disappear." This whole movie is genius, and Nolan is genius! :thumbup:
That's what I'm talking about...

I love this scene because it shows Cobb's current situation - while all the scenes after see Cobb trying to return to his children, here he's a lost soul on the run... and Tokyo was really well filmed.
It was? There was barely any footage of Tokyo at all, haha.