Any answers to these questions or they are plot-holes?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
mr.charles wrote: So I am pretty sure Cobb was dreaming the whole time and I think maybe Mal made it out when she killed herself. Even if she didn't I think the team was in there to get Cobb out.
Thankyou I was starting to think I was out on my own on that one. The ending switches your perspective on the Mal story.

KShields MBV wrote:I just came back from the first public screening here in Singapore, but I still cannot figure out the following:
Limbo - when was Dom in limbo? I thought they only go into limbo if they die in a dream that is more than one layer, if so how did Dom and Ellen's character get into Limbo, when they went to save Fischer?

I know Watanabe went there because he died and Dom stayed there because he died in the van underwater but how did Ellen get there and how did Dom get there in the first place because when he went the van was still in mid air wasn't it?
Or are these just plot-holes?
I'm pretty sure that this has been said, but Dom was in limbo with Mal prior to the whole movie.
I think Ari and Dom went into limbo the last time by jacking into fisher's dream when he was in limbo.

The only plot hole I can think of is why didnt Arthur wake up in the hotel dream when the first kick happened and the van fell off the bridge? Shouldn't he have woken up and everyone else been still sleeping? Someone please explain.

mr.charles wrote:The only plot hole I can think of is why didnt Arthur wake up in the hotel dream when the first kick happened and the van fell off the bridge? Shouldn't he have woken up and everyone else been still sleeping? Someone please explain.
Kicks can be resisted. Dom resisted the kick of the collapsing building at the end of the movie. They do not force you into the next level, they merely enable you to wake up, should you so desire.

arizonabay wrote:
mr.charles wrote: So I am pretty sure Cobb was dreaming the whole time and I think maybe Mal made it out when she killed herself. Even if she didn't I think the team was in there to get Cobb out.
Thankyou I was starting to think I was out on my own on that one. The ending switches your perspective on the Mal story.
I would agree with this.

ANONIMNIQ wrote:So... how long they still in the water before wake up in the plane? They wake up just 20 minutes before landing, right? So how long is this in Level 1? :
Since 5 minute real time = an hour of dream time, 1 hour real time = 12 hours dream time. So 10 hours, the length of the flight, makes 120 hours dream time. But I think that everyone else got out earlier than Cobb and Saito because everyone else woke up in the van. That was the point of the kicks, they didn't want to spend that long in the dream world.

But how would that work, because they couldn't wake up fischer on the plane with cobb and saito still dreaming, hooked up to the machine. that would be a problem.

If Miles lives in Paris, why is he at the airport to greet Dom at the end?
Who is watching the children at Dom's house while Miles comes to meet Dom at the airport?
If Grandma has custody of the kids is she living in Paris with Miles?
Clearly Miles does not think Cobb murdered Mal, his own daughter, but Grandma is less friendly towards Dom on the phone, so if Grandma thinks Dom murdered Mal would she be watching the kids at Dom's house on the off chance he makes it through immigration?
If Fisher Jr makes the 10 hour flight every week, would the party waiting to greet him really need to hold up a sign that says FISCHER? or is it that Fisher and Cobb are the same person and by performing Inception on Fisher, Cobb was performing Inception on himself.

If Miles lives in Paris, why is he at the airport to greet Dom at the end?
Dom gave him the details of the job and told him to meet him there, but also note that he gives the stuffed animals to Miles so Miles may have been about to go there anyway.
Who is watching the children at Dom's house while Miles comes to meet Dom at the airport?
A babysitter.
If Grandma has custody of the kids is she living in Paris with Miles?
I get the sense Miles and Grandma are divorced. When Leo is on the phone he says something about sending Grandpa with stuff. Makes me think the kids are in the US. Maybe Miles is just a visiting lecturer in Paris though, if you'd like to think he and the grandma are still together. But the strain of losing a daughter could easily have broken their marriage apart, or they could have split before then.
Clearly Miles does not think Cobb murdered Mal, his own daughter, but Grandma is less friendly towards Dom on the phone, so if Grandma thinks Dom murdered Mal would she be watching the kids at Dom's house on the off chance he makes it through immigration?
No, like I said, I think a babysitter is there with them.
If Fisher Jr makes the 10 hour flight every week, would the party waiting to greet him really need to hold up a sign that says FISCHER? or is it that Fisher and Cobb are the same person and by performing Inception on Fisher, Cobb was performing Inception on himself.
I think they're carrying signs that say other things to comfort him on his dad's death an congratulate him on taking over the company.

Sungyungtey wrote:Saito did not share the same Limbo with Cobb, Ariadne, and Fischer because they were not connected on the 3rd layer. Saito shared the same Limbo with Cobb because they were connected in the 1st layer of dream (Drowning Van). So first dream they are dead, so they got stuck, they will have to wait til Sedation effects ends (which is damn long for Saito, who died ealier than Cobb (3rd layer)).
I like this. :thumbup:
Party Animal IV wrote:If Fisher Jr makes the 10 hour flight every week, would the party waiting to greet him really need to hold up a sign that says FISCHER? or is it that Fisher and Cobb are the same person and by performing Inception on Fisher, Cobb was performing Inception on himself.
Fischer usually takes a private jet, but they made it so that plane would need "maintenance" so he'd have to get on a regular flight. :lol:

I can't really figure out how Fischer is able to be resuscitated and then carries on like he doesn't have two bullets in his chest. The only reason I could think up is it's because Eames is the dreamer and he's a very good forger, so he can change things in the dream without the subject realizing it. Yusuf is the dreamer in level one, where Saito was shot, and he isn't as skilled so they can't do the same for Saito.

I'm also a bit lost as to how Ariadne and Cobb get to Fischer if he's truly in "limbo" (ie, they didn't kill themselves to get there) but I think that's because Fischer isn't quite dead yet, just in shock and in another dream level. That's why Eames started to hook up the defibrillator to him.

Anita,

They get to Fischer because of Mal. Mal, being who she is, essentially brings Fischer into Limbo...and the Limbo is that of hers and Cobb's design. That's why he knew where to go.