I just seen the film and I need to talk about it

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
please people who have seen it, I need to share my thoughts on it :batface:

Shoot.

Ok, what are your thoughts on what happened to Cobb?

I think that in the end, he was finally able to let go of Mal and be rid of the guilt he felt over her; and thats why he stayed behind, he wanted to see his kids and he must of thought by saving saito, he would do that, and thats what he did (in his dream), everything worked out and was able to go home, but he was just dreaming it after he let go of Mal

I'm not sure if I made sense what I wrote, but im just writing off the top of my head

I think that's a possibility, but we never saw dreams like in that sense - therefore I don't think that's what happened. I think he was actually successful and accomplished what he set out to do.

TeddyBlass wrote:I think that's a possibility, but we never saw dreams like in that sense - therefore I don't think that's what happened. I think he was actually successful and accomplished what he set out to do.

yeah i think he was successful in what he wanted, but he wasn't able to get out of Fischer's dream right?

Him and Saito are stuck there, well thats what I thought what happened, while Arthur, Eames, and the rest will be able to get out of his dream and Saito and Cobb are stuck there :batface:

Wow. My friend and I both thought that we saw the top wobble, meaning that reality we saw was real, but then again I still wasn't sure because it was straight up for a long time lol. Another reason to see again lol.

combusticator wrote:Wow. My friend and I both thought that we saw the top wobble, meaning that reality we saw was real, but then again I still wasn't sure because it was straight up for a long time lol. Another reason to see again lol.

yeah i seen it wobble, but we never see it fall, its up to you to decide what happened, i think.

another question I have, so Cobb incepted the idea of leaving the dream into Mal, but she was so into it, she couldn't believe she was living in the real world? right

micool wrote:
combusticator wrote:Wow. My friend and I both thought that we saw the top wobble, meaning that reality we saw was real, but then again I still wasn't sure because it was straight up for a long time lol. Another reason to see again lol.

another question I have, so Cobb incepted the idea of leaving the dream into Mal, but she was so into it, she couldn't believe she was living in the real world? right
That's what I think. I have a question myself. So did Fischer not entirely die when he was shot by Mal? I know he was brought back but if he was all the way dead, he would be stuck in limbo forever, correct? and how did Cobb and Saito leave limbo?

and Teddy, I'm curious what did you think of the movie.

quite contrarian wrote:
micool wrote:

That's what I think. I have a question myself. So did Fischer not entirely die when he was shot by Mal? I know he was brought back but if he was all the way dead, he would be stuck in limbo forever, correct? and how did Cobb and Saito leave limbo?

and Teddy, I'm curious what did you think of the movie.
still a little confused about that fischer part, i think he was alive, but he was dying??? and Cobb and ariadne went in and were able to get out.?

i dont think he was all the way dead.

I don't think Cobb and Saito left limbo at all

Well here's the thing, if you assume (as I do) that the top was never going to fall, it changes everything.

If, for a second, we make things simpler and assume that those small wobbles were eventually going to lead to the top falling, then it's not too difficult. The mission was successful, and everybody survived, as seen in the airport scene. Basically, if we work upwards from the deepest dream level, Cobb and Ariadne went after Fischer into the world Cobb and Mal had created when they were trapped there. Ariadne escapes with Fischer, who is given the kick by Eames in the snow dream (Tom Berenger's subconscious), both of whom are in turn given the kick by Arthur in the hotel dream, who is effectively given the kick by Yusuf driving the van off the bridge. Yusuf, Arthur, Eames, Ariadne and Fischer are now all safe in Fischer's first subconscious, the level of dreaming immediately beneath the plane (which is the real world, assuming the top falls). This is where it gets a little bit more confusing - how does Cobb go from the dilapidated city to the beach of the fortress? The fact it is the same fortress as in Saito's younger mind suggests that Saito is trapped in limbo, so how come both of them end up being given the kick and waking up in the aeroplane? Why is all the dream heist equipment gone when Saito and Cobb 'wake up'? In old Saito's fortress dream, did the top stop spinning, and what did Saito do with the gun? These are the more confusing issues.

All of the above is thrown into doubt if we assume that the top was never going to fall, as then we have to ask - if Cobb is in a dream - whose dream is it? Did he, for example, jump out of the window after his wife (we never saw him get back into the hotel) and end up in a coma, and everything we saw in the film was his dream world in the coma? What if he's not in his own subconscious, as evidenced by the use of Mal's totem...is the entire film actually Mal trying to get Cobb to be with her forever? Very unlikely, but the possibilities if we assume he is still dreaming are endless.

A third option is that the small wobbles, but the fact it never actually fell, means that he's somewhere between dream states, or is halfway out, or something like that. I don't even want to consider this, it's too much! :)