Original Soundtrack is OUT! Opinions

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Dreamette wrote:
neo78956 wrote:Easily Hans Zimmer's best work in years, besting even his tremendous work with James Newton Howard on the incredible score for The Dark Knight and his quirky but awesome score for Sherlock Holmes. Johnny Marr's guitar riffs are amazing. Nolan and Zimmer really know how to bring the best out of their collaborators.
I am inclined to agree. Also, quirky really is the best word to describe his Sherlock Holmes work. But I really loved it.
Well its a quirky film and a quirky character so it is fitting that the score is quirky.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
movieman1005 wrote:Ohhh, you guys suck, you know that? You really suck!
Just cave in. You know you want to. :lol:
I DO want to!!
Actually, I don't think it would be the worst thing, but I'm going to try for now. We'll see, I suppose.....

Dreamette wrote:
neo78956 wrote:Easily Hans Zimmer's best work in years, besting even his tremendous work with James Newton Howard on the incredible score for The Dark Knight and his quirky but awesome score for Sherlock Holmes. Johnny Marr's guitar riffs are amazing. Nolan and Zimmer really know how to bring the best out of their collaborators.
I am inclined to agree. Also, quirky really is the best word to describe his Sherlock Holmes work. But I really loved it.
The Sherlock Holmes score is awesome on so many levels. I could listen to "Discombobulate" over and over again. But this Inception score shows a level of inspiration and creativity beyond anything I've heard out of him in some time.

movieman1005 wrote:
Dreamette wrote:
:shock:
Didn't mean it in a bad way. You guys are just killing me!!!
Oooooh. Well, in that case...
It's so, so, so GOOD! ;)

Curious thing in the score, I don't know if you noticed it...
At the end of "Dream within a dream", it's exactly the Time track played in other scale, distorted and mixed with the original song.
My favourites are Time ( because I don't know why but it remebers me to Blade Runner ), 528491(because I already have the melody written in my brain from the first trailers) and Mombasa ( because it has some rythm! ).

Generally speaking, I like the score but, for me, it has a problem: I can whistle and easy-remember melodies from John Williams or James Horner... but I cannot remind easily any inception song :crazy:

Btw, there are the 13-15 extra songs ( the elphants one, etc... ) ???
Last edited by peloto on July 13th, 2010, 1:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

movieman1005 wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:
Just cave in. You know you want to. :lol:
I DO want to!!
Actually, I don't think it would be the worst thing, but I'm going to try for now. We'll see, I suppose.....
Just pull the trigger. :lol:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/incept ... d380349905

Mombasa would make anything tense. Making a sandwich will now be intense thanks to this.

Cobb_Is_My_B*tch wrote:Mombasa would make anything tense. Making a sandwich will now be intense thanks to this.
Pretty much. If I were working a desk job and I had paperwork to be done, and Mombasa was playing while I was doing the paperwork, it would seem like the most important documents on EARTH. :batface:

peloto wrote:
My favourites are Time ( because I don't know why but it remebers me to Blade Runner ), 528491(because I already have the melody written in my brain from the first trailers) and Mombasa ( because it has some rythm! ).
Agreed.

I absolutely loved it. I think it's some of Zimmer's finest work.