User Review: Inception -- Bob Loblaw

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
theweatherman wrote:It really is great to hear an awesome response from a hardcore Nolan fan like the rest of us. Do you think we are over hyping it?
My hype was pretty much at full blast (never been this excited about a film in my entire life), but it fully lived up to it, and more. I wasn't expecting an absolutely impeccable performance from every single cast member, I wasn't expecting an incredibly well-constructed and lengthy climactic set piece, and I was not expecting the absolutely incredible ending. As I said earlier, it's my favourite Nolan film to date, and he's one of my favourite directors of modern film.

Oh, and j-taylor, the second one was indeed taken from my seat (I was very lucky to end up basically on the front row).

Joseph seems to be the only one really enjoying himself lol.

Bob Loblaw wrote:
theweatherman wrote:It really is great to hear an awesome response from a hardcore Nolan fan like the rest of us. Do you think we are over hyping it?
My hype was pretty much at full blast (never been this excited about a film in my entire life), but it fully lived up to it, and more. I wasn't expecting an absolutely impeccable performance from every single cast member, I wasn't expecting an incredibly well-constructed and lengthy climactic set piece, and I was not expecting the absolutely incredible ending. As I said earlier, it's my favourite Nolan film to date, and he's one of my favourite directors of modern film.

Oh, and j-taylor, the second one was indeed taken from my seat (I was very lucky to end up basically on the front row).
Sweet man thanks this eases my fears. If it lives up to your hype it likely will to mine.

Bob

Thanks for your review and pix :thumbup:

How was the chemistry or relationship between Leo and Marion ?

Thanks

Madilyn wrote:Bob

Thanks for your review and pix :thumbup:

How was the chemistry or relationship between Leo and Marion ?

Thanks
I'm afraid this question is basically impossible to answer without divulging spoilers about the film. It is without doubt the most complicated relationship of the film, and becomes particularly tragic when more background is revealed later on in the movie. They're both fantastic in it, rest assured.

I also just remembered another amazingly visceral scene in the film. You know the train which crashes through cars in the trailers...wait for it to reappear later :D

Bob

Understand what you are saying ;)

Appreciate what you were able to divulge.

Thanks

Bob

How would you say the audience as a whole received the film ?

Thank you Bob for the great post. :clap:

Madilyn wrote:Bob

How would you say the audience as a whole received the film ?
It was very well-received. The bits that were intended to be humorous got laughs all round (particularly a bit that's been shown before:
JGL kissing Ellen Page, and his response to the people still watching them
which raised the roof).

There was also a motif in the film, which I'll put in spoiler tags (it's not a massive spoiler, but you might want to avoid it):
every so often, when he was in somebody else's dreams, his two children would appear...this is very significant later on in the film, and whenever it happened the whole audience gasped or groaned
The very end of the film got massive cheers, and when the credits began to roll there was an incredibly loud round of applause, with many giving it a standing ovation. I would have, but I think I was too in awe to stand up.

thanks for the review.....surprised you said jgl stole the show, i thought it wouldve been tom hardy....but that scene with him and ellen where he convinces her to kiss him kind of made me think it was possible