User Review: Inception -- Bob Loblaw

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Hey Nolanfans,

I've just got back from the Inception premiere in Leicester Square, and the entire thing was amazing. I got to walk on the amazing Inception carpet, stood about 5 feet from Leo, Ken, Cillian and JGL as I walked down there, and - of course - got to see the film (after the whole cast, and Nolan, got on stage and introduced the film).

As for the film itself, absolutely incredible. I don't think I was anything other than enthralled throughout the two and a half hour epic. Not a bad performance in the bunch, and as has generally been said, JGL stole the show. Not only was his rapport with Hardy's character, Eames, exceptionally entertaining, but he was also part of without a doubt one of the best scenes of the entire film (the rotating hall-way / zero gravity fights), and his chemistry with all the other actors and actresses was unparalleled.

The action is Nolan's best work of this kind, and the climactic set piece was incredibly well-done. The third act, as has been said by various critics, really does make Memento look incredibly one-dimensional and simplistic, and as for the ending...well, obviously I don't want to ruin it, but it's an absolutely perfect way to finish the film.

I'll be uploading some pictures soon :D

Awesome, man, thanks for that. So excited. How did you obtain tickets?

Thank you!! A review from someone at Nolan Fans. Perfect. :thumbup:

So what we really want to know is...did you ask Nolan if he ever wears t-shirts? :think: :P

Thanks for the review Bob Loblaw :thumbup: About the best review one can give without releasing spoilers. Bummer I must wait 7 more days....

Yea, how'd you get the tickets?

NHassell14 wrote:Awesome, man, thanks for that. So excited. How did you obtain tickets?
chee wrote:Yea, how'd you get the tickets?
I entered the mind of Chris Nolan and 'incepted' the idea that he wanted to send me a few tickets.
gangefan83 wrote:Thank you!! A review from someone at Nolan Fans. Perfect. :thumbup:
Thanks, hope to have some pictures up soon.
redfirebird2008 wrote:So what we really want to know is...did you ask Nolan if he ever wears t-shirts? :think: :P
Unfortunately, I didn't get the opportunity. I was sat really near the front of the cinema (only a couple of rows back), so when he came on stage I could have shouted it to him...decided not to get myself ejected though!
UCFRdWarrior wrote:Thanks for the review Bob Loblaw :thumbup: About the best review one can give without releasing spoilers. Bummer I must wait 7 more days....
Thanks. It'll be worth the wait.

Bob, where would you rank "Inception" with other Nolan films?

gangefan83 wrote:A review from someone at Nolan Fans. Perfect. :thumbup:
Exactly, that kind kind of validates all the positive reviews for me, if one of our Nolanuts here writes a review it makes it that much more "real."
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I entered the mind of Chris Nolan and 'incepted' the idea that he wanted to send me a few tickets.
OHOHOHOHO. Clever. :JGLface: