User Review: Inception -- Bob Loblaw

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
talli wrote:thanks for the review.....surprised you said jgl stole the show, i thought it wouldve been tom hardy....but that scene with him and ellen where he convinces her to kiss him kind of made me think it was possible
Tom Hardy was probably my second favourite performance. The only thing that swung it was that JGL got more screen time. DiCaprio was also fantastic, but I've loved almost all of his films so it didn't 'steal' the show for me as I was already expecting a stellar performance.

The scene you're referring to was very well received in the cinema, got more laughs than a lot of comedy films tend to get nowadays.

bob

how was the music ????

im curious to what you think of hans zimmer's score?

alex070 wrote:bob

how was the music ????

im curious to what you think of hans zimmer's score?
People have accused Zimmer's work of being overbearing in this film, and while I agree it was often very loud (at times drowning out bits of dialogue), I thought it was fantastic throughout. I'm a big Zimmer fan, so I had high hopes, and he largely speaking delivered. It heightened the drama significantly, and when I heard the trailer music blaring out during the third act (not the Zack Hemsey song, but the one from the first proper trailer), I was really impressed with how it all fit together.

Bob

Liked how you phrased your comments about Leo's performance , as I share your sentiments about his talent.

DiCaprio was also fantastic, but I've loved almost all of his films so it didn't 'steal' the show for me as I was already expecting a stellar performance.
Also, was there any part of the film that affected you in a way you didn't expect going in ?

Have a couple more pictures:

http://i29.tinypic.com/sc58og.jpg (the logo shown on the screen after the red carpet but before Nolan gave his speech)

http://i32.tinypic.com/27ybtpk.jpg (the president of Warner Bros. UK introducing the cast and crew. Unfortunately, because of where he was positioned, JGL is blocked out.

Apologies for not embedding them, but it seemed to crop the pictures when I embedded them so I just provided direct links.
Also, was there any part of the film that affected you in a way you didn't expect going in ?
Yes, I'd say the revelations surrounding Leo and Marion was far more emotionally involving than I expected. Again, I don't want to spoil anything. More generally, it's fair to say the entire film affected me, it's just a beautiful achievement.
Last edited by Bob Loblaw on July 8th, 2010, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob, thanks so much for your insight. We all appreciate it! :clap:

redfirebird2008 wrote:Bob, thanks so much for your insight. We all appreciate it! :clap:
Yeah, I'd like to echo this since you seem to be getting grilled more than the Joker. We are all just excited for one of our own having seen it.

bob

how would rate it??

theweatherman wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:Bob, thanks so much for your insight. We all appreciate it! :clap:
Yeah, I'd like to echo this since you seem to be getting grilled more than the Joker. We are all just excited for one of our own having seen it.
Thanks to both of you. I'm glad to help with questions people have.
alex070 wrote:bob

how would rate it??
Aside from a few absolutely minor flaws such as the length of the third act / the amount of exposition (both of which were probably necessary), it was near-perfect for me. A 9/10 or above, essentially. I mean I don't tend to be more precise than integers, but if I had to go to one decimal place, I'd give it 9.5.

Bob

Thanks again for photos and your time.

Very much appreciate your responses :thumbup: