User Review: Inception -- Bob Loblaw

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Thanks again, Bob!
Only one question from me:
How many slow motion shots are used?

Does its rating suit the film?

great, so one way or another, the ending is still a good one...i hate movies with a strong 1st half but fizzled away in the second half...

My question got lost in all the others, so i'll just ask again.

Does the end credits have a special music (Memento or The Prestige) or is it just Zimmer's score.

The Silent Guardian wrote:Wow, thanks a lot Bob.
:clap:

BTW you may have mentioned this, but I just wanted to know how was the snow mountain scene.

(Spoiler tag please).

Thanks.
I would urge you to scan through my posts from today (I don't have many in total) to find my lengthier review of the snow scene, but I'll be brief here. It's excellent. It's also extremely significant from a plot point of view.
NHassell14 wrote:First I would like to say thank you SO much for taking a lot of time to answer everyones questions. You deserve a massive pat on the back for all of this.

Anyway, my question is kind of like 'Dan_87's' one, but does the endiong really 'make' the film or does it 'ruin' it? For example, I was abaolutely loving Shutter Island until the twist ending came
(explaing that it was all an elaborate role play to try and convice himself he was Teddy Daniels)
which was such a far fetched idea it did kind of ruin the film for me. As did the ending to 'The Killer Inside Me' as it was so retracted from the films sense of realism.

Now, I know obvisouly the whole plot idea for Inception is quite far fetched, but does the ending work or is it just totally at odds to the events prior to it?

Really, all I'm asking is that does the ending 'make' or 'break' the film? I've gathered that it's a total mind f*** and makes you question the whole events prior in the film.

Either way, thanks for answering all of the questions.
The ending made the film for me. But, to be fair, I liked the twist in Shutter Island (and the extra twist at the very very end), so we might end up disagreeing on this. As far as I'm concerned, it took what would have been the easy way out for Nolan, and instead decided to abandon that and bring in to question everything which the audience just watched.
How many slow motion shots are used?
It's used sparingly, but when it is used it is very important. To explain further would be to spoil the film, so I won't, but trust me when I say it's used appropriately
Does its rating suit the film?
Well it's somewhere between a 12 and a 15 over here (which I think is the same as saying it's between PG-13 and an R over in the US). There's nothing particularly graphic, but there's a lot of action which might be considered a little too violent for a 12. Who knows?
My question got lost in all the others, so i'll just ask again.

Does the end credits have a special music (Memento or The Prestige) or is it just Zimmer's score.
Apologies, Max. Again, I'll have to be honest and say I was too busy shaking / applauding at the end of the film to pay a lot of attention, but I think it was just a part of Zimmer's score. Didn't sound like anything special to me.

How realistic is the theory of entering the mind? Is it explained in detail?

gangefan83 wrote:How realistic is the theory of entering the mind? Is it explained in detail?
How realistic is it? Completely unrealistic! It's a science fiction film, at the end of the day, but the theory behind it, and the laws governing dreams, are explained in quite some detail, so you never feel too confused about why a certain thing is happening.

does the film have titles at the start or are we straight into it? (hello by the way, this is my first post)

Is there any Opening Credits?

And by saying the ending changed everything, did you mean it was a The Six Sense like twist?
Or just a Memento like twist which is more like a surprise ending?

Bob Loblaw wrote:
gangefan83 wrote:How realistic is the theory of entering the mind? Is it explained in detail?
How realistic is it? Completely unrealistic! It's a science fiction film, at the end of the day, but the theory behind it, and the laws governing dreams, are explained in quite some detail, so you never feel too confused about why a certain thing is happening.
Of course its a sci-fi film. But i think what gangefan wanted to know was is it really believable. Like, for eg. THE MATRIX. I remember watching it for the first time and actually questioning my own reality :lol: I know it sounds stupid, but if u make a sci-film very honestly and follow the ground rules then it actually becomes very believable. I found The Matrix very, very convincing. Is Inception's effect the same too??