The INCEPTION Award Season Discussion Thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
movieman1005 wrote:REALLY? for DIRECTING? I do agree with the above comments, and also believe that TSN is a fantastic movie, but come ON.
Exactly. What did Fincher do exactly? He just took Aaron Sorkin's script and told the actors where to stand and sit. That was it.

Natalie !!

Sorry it's off topic but did you guys hear Natalie's laugh? I mean come on.

sallygucha wrote:
movieman1005 wrote:REALLY? for DIRECTING? I do agree with the above comments, and also believe that TSN is a fantastic movie, but come ON.
Exactly. What did Fincher do exactly? He just took Aaron Sorkin's script and told the actors where to stand and sit. That was it.

Eh, not quite. You should watch the making-of documentary on the DVD/Blu-ray. There's footage of him debating the script with Sorkin and it's pretty clear that Fincher's interpretation was given the most importance in the production. Sorkin would have his say on everything, but Fincher always got the last word.

aTbagger wrote:Sorry it's off topic but did you guys hear Natalie's laugh? I mean come on.
She's becoming a real actress. It's bound to happen.

sallygucha wrote:
If The Hurt Locker could do it to Nolan, any movie can :JGLface:

Inception is going to walk away with nothing :cry:

still, very entertaining show thus far.

Ricky speaks so much truth :lol:

sallygucha wrote:LOL! Nolan got a little recognition there, spurred on by JGL.
Lol that was pretty awesome. I think he just emphasized what a lot of people are thinking, that being "What the F*** is going on?"

redfirebird2008 wrote:
sallygucha wrote: Exactly. What did Fincher do exactly? He just took Aaron Sorkin's script and told the actors where to stand and sit. That was it.

Eh, not quite. You should watch the making-of documentary on the DVD/Blu-ray. There's footage of him debating the script with Sorkin and it's pretty clear that Fincher's interpretation was given the most importance in the production. Sorkin would have his say on everything, but Fincher always got the last word.
Nolan is a visionary. Fincher is a hired hand. If Fincher sits down, writes his own script and directs it, and shapes the entire thing, then he can be considered a visionary. Nolan is so high above all these other guys when it comes to directing.

PowerDump wrote:
sallygucha wrote:LOL! Nolan got a little recognition there, spurred on by JGL.
Lol that was pretty awesome. I think he just emphasized what a lot of people are thinking, that being "What the F*** is going on?"
Exactly. When people started applauding Nolan's name, JGL said, "Yeah. Yeah!" Kinda like, why the hell isn't anyone recognizing this guy's talent?!