The INCEPTION Award Season Discussion Thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Haven't been here in ages! Um, The Social Network deserved to win, if not Best Picture then it should've been Best Director regardless. Go watch the special features on the TSN DVD and notice how much effort, consideration, profession and artistry David Fincher put into making TSN. Maybe they got political this time? And thought that if David Fincher were to win they would want his movie to win as well? Only problem was they didn't like TSN?

But when it comes to Best Picture winners (only), the Golden Globes seem better at it, you got movies like Brokeback Mountain, Avatar, The Hours, etc. winning. But oh well, I CANNOT WAIT FOR FINCHER'S NEXT MOVIE!!! The girl with the dragon tattoo? Can't wait for it!

Rob
Fallglimmer05 wrote:The King's Speech is a very good film, I don't think it deserved to win but they certainly have made worse choices....and could have this year. The King's Speech is a much better film than Slumdog Millionaire and Crash, both of which I think are genuinely bad movies. Yes, Hooper didn't really bring much to the film but it's pretty standard Oscar thinking that Best Picture=Best Director..but again, there have been worse choices. He was the least deserving of the nominees, but probably made my 2nd favorite film of the 5 behind The Social Network. Black Swan's script is kind of a mess, a reoccurring problem with Aronofsky's films, which is why I have a hard time loving him as much as other people...but the fact that movie even worked at all is a credit to him, I just would for once like to see him work from a good script
What exactly was wrong with the script?

Rob wrote:
Fallglimmer05 wrote:The King's Speech is a very good film, I don't think it deserved to win but they certainly have made worse choices....and could have this year. The King's Speech is a much better film than Slumdog Millionaire and Crash, both of which I think are genuinely bad movies. Yes, Hooper didn't really bring much to the film but it's pretty standard Oscar thinking that Best Picture=Best Director..but again, there have been worse choices. He was the least deserving of the nominees, but probably made my 2nd favorite film of the 5 behind The Social Network. Black Swan's script is kind of a mess, a reoccurring problem with Aronofsky's films, which is why I have a hard time loving him as much as other people...but the fact that movie even worked at all is a credit to him, I just would for once like to see him work from a good script
What exactly was wrong with the script?
Exactly. Perhaps it's the matter of not being accustomed to pyschological films that's bugging him

LOL! It seems that Conan O'Brien just figured out Inception about 2 weeks ago. He tweeted this:

Whoa! I I think I finally just got INCEPTION. Now can someone please explain BRIDE WARS?
2:14 PM Feb 16th via web

sallygucha wrote:LOL! It seems that Conan O'Brien just figured out Inception about 2 weeks ago. He tweeted this:

Whoa! I I think I finally just got INCEPTION. Now can someone please explain BRIDE WARS?
2:14 PM Feb 16th via web
:lol:

Vader182 wrote:I'm almost positive that the kids at the end are different.
They are. They're bigger and where different clothes