The INCEPTION Award Season Discussion Thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Samuel R. Jankis wrote:Who's that with the blonde hair?
With her back to the camera? Wally's wife - I know this from the red carpet photos where she's stood with him and you see the front of her dress. Not a crazy stalker.

chee wrote:
Anita18 wrote: This friend is real, and he doesn't lie about these things. But you know my posting style and how I don't lie about these things either. :lol:

HBO is apparently difficult to work with in general, but at least they pay REALLY good overtime. :thumbup:
Yea, but I'm a bit of an amateur "scientist" so I rarely believe things without proof. :ugeek:
I'm an actual scientist, and I know by now that whatever you believe directly stems from who you trust. :lol: Scientific data is interpreted by people with just as much biases as you and me. :)

Anita18 wrote:
chee wrote:
Yea, but I'm a bit of an amateur "scientist" so I rarely believe things without proof. :ugeek:
I'm an actual scientist, and I know by now that whatever you believe directly stems from who you trust. :lol: Scientific data is interpreted by people with just as much biases as you and me. :)
Oh, sweet. What field do you work in?

chee wrote:
Anita18 wrote:I'm an actual scientist, and I know by now that whatever you believe directly stems from who you trust. :lol: Scientific data is interpreted by people with just as much biases as you and me. :)
Cancer biology. But it's more microbiology than anything else...

There's A LOT of biases where we work. Not necessarily on the data itself, but many people have their theories and just like creationists, will stick by them even when other people's data points to it possibly being wrong. :lol:

Anita18 wrote:
chee wrote:
Cancer biology. But it's more microbiology than anything else...

There's A LOT of biases where we work. Not necessarily on the data itself, but many people have their theories and just like creationists, will stick by them even when other people's data points to it possibly being wrong. :lol:
That's so cool. I've been thinking about getting into biology myself, although astronomy is very interesting too.

Yea, I bet. People have a hard time admitting their mistakes. :lol:

Yeah the Tom Hooper thing doesn't suprise me and I agree he shouldn't have won.

I remember when he was on a UK show on the BBC called The Review Show. When they were talking about films of the year for 2010 there was only one person on the panel who had actually watched one of the films of the top 10, yes thats right none of the others (including Tom Hooper) had seen any of the other films untill the week they were tasked by the programe's makers to watch the films before they film the show!!!!
He is also quite clearly clueless about films and rambles all the time, trying really hard to be a smart arse. He's been on there twice and every time I just roll my eyes and think "Yes you didn't earn your way into films, you were given your job by a relative or a friend quite clearly"
It's just crazy him and O Russell get nominated and they ignore Nolan and Gareth Edwards as interms of "directing" they have been fantastic this year.

Does someone have a video about the other oscar winners of Inception (Special effects, and sound mixing/editing)?

rbevanx wrote:Oh well Nolan and Inception won a Kermode award rather than an Oscar. Thats better than an Oscar.

skip to 26 mins on the video on the link.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006t6c5
Can one of our UK friends put this on youtube? It says 'not available in your area' for us in the US.
rbevanx wrote:Yeah the Tom Hooper thing doesn't suprise me and I agree he shouldn't have won.

I remember when he was on a UK show on the BBC called The Review Show. When they were talking about films of the year for 2010 there was only one person on the panel who had actually watched one of the films of the top 10, yes thats right none of the others (including Tom Hooper) had seen any of the other films untill the week they were tasked by the programe's makers to watch the films before they film the show!!!!
He is also quite clearly clueless about films and rambles all the time, trying really hard to be a smart arse. He's been on there twice and every time I just roll my eyes and think "Yes you didn't earn your way into films, you were given your job by a relative or a friend quite clearly"
It's just crazy him and O Russell get nominated and they ignore Nolan and Gareth Edwards as interms of "directing" they have been fantastic this year.
Yes. I agree. Tom Hooper is a hack. He did not deserve that nomination or win. Once all the old, out of touch people in the Academy die, we'll see a shift in taste, and that will change the dynamic of who the winners are.
Last edited by chee on February 28th, 2011, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't double post please. ;)