The INCEPTION Award Season Discussion Thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
gluvnast wrote: With Bale winning best supporting actor a whole year after Heath won it, going back to work with all these new academy award winners must be lovely for Nolan when they start filming TDKR!
2 years innit? Heath's would have been the ceremony held start of 09, no?

Looked up Tom Hooper's work on IMDb...yeah...someone else deserved that directing nom and award. Loved the movie, but Fincher or Nolan deserved directing.

Haha Hooper just started doing movie...

Wow, he did not deserve that award.

chee wrote:Looked up Tom Hooper's work on IMDb...yeah...someone else deserved that directing nom and award. Loved the movie, but Fincher or Nolan deserved directing.
A friend of mine is a sound mixer who worked on John Adams, which Hooper directed, and he had some....choice things to say about Hooper as a director back then. :lol: Referred to him as an "asshole" who blamed the sound mixers for things HE asked them to do, like turning up the bird chirps so loud nobody (ie, the HBO execs) could hear the dialogue. And he wanted more expensive equipment brought in even though they were using the studio that won the sound mixing Oscar for Bourne Ultimatum. (John Adams having more complicated sound than Bourne? Yeah right!)

IMO, Best Director came with Best Picture this year and that's the only reason why Hooper won. From what we've heard about their work, Fincher and Aronofsky (and Nolan too) are so much more competent than Hooper is when it comes to making a film really their own.

Even when you believe a director's main job is direct actors (and not be an auteur like Fincher or Aronofsky or Nolan), David O. Russell then should have won since two of his actors did. :lol:

I'm not really inclined to believe "my friend said" stories, but if that's true...what an asshat.

Oh and John Adams had terrible direction. Why was the camera tilted all the time?

chee wrote:I'm not really inclined to believe "my friend said" stories, but if that's true...what an asshat.

Oh and John Adams had terrible direction. Why was the camera tilted all the time?
^He wanted to convey the 60's Batman way of showing a bad guy...

lol

Let's go Party!!!!!!!!

Who's that with the blonde hair?

chee wrote:I'm not really inclined to believe "my friend said" stories, but if that's true...what an asshat.

This friend is real, and he doesn't lie about these things. But you know my posting style and how I don't lie about these things either. :lol:

HBO is apparently difficult to work with in general, but at least they pay REALLY good overtime. :thumbup:

Anita18 wrote:

This friend is real, and he doesn't lie about these things. But you know my posting style and how I don't lie about these things either. :lol:

HBO is apparently difficult to work with in general, but at least they pay REALLY good overtime. :thumbup:
Yea, but I'm a bit of an amateur "scientist" so I rarely believe things without proof. :ugeek: