The INCEPTION Award Season Discussion Thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
BatMotor wrote:Inception winning 4 of the 8 nominations is great,they won half of it :twothumbsup:

And it won all technical awards so that means the movie was perfect.
hey we don't need oscars to acknowledge that :angel:

Dark Nolan wrote:
BatMotor wrote:Inception winning 4 of the 8 nominations is great,they won half of it :twothumbsup:

And it won all technical awards so that means the movie was perfect.
hey we don't need oscars to acknowledge that :angel:
Yeah,but some people forget that 8-)

Some photos for peeps who might have missed the coverage etc...

Wally & his Oscar :D

The S&VFX boys. I like how they added Chris Corbould to their team so he gets one too in lieu of there being a special effects oscar.

Sound mixing -

Sound editing -

Chris & Emma Red Carpet arrivals -

Also LOLZ on life.com, they have an Oscars 2011 Sexiest Men thing and Nolan made it, must be the new suit ;)

edited to add Who was it that was looking for Wally's press room interview? Cos I found this - http://www.bloginity.com/blog/2011/02/2 ... atography/ - bit long to c&p but they transcribed it up and its quite funny. Not sure if that's just what they asked him or all the questions he was asked.

They also have the full transcript of his acceptance speech -

“Good God, what have you done? Thank you so much, this is a phenomenal honor for me. Thank you to the Academy for this great honor and for the respect you have shown for all cinematographers. I got to take a breath here for a minute. Breathe it in for a second. Where’s that thing that shows you how much time, there it goes. None of what I did would have been possible without the incredible vision of my master Christopher Nolan. His work…you’re taking up my time. His work has inspired me for 12 years and continues to, he’s a brilliant filmmaker as we all know. Much thanks to Emma Nolan, to Warner Brothers, to my fantastic union crew, and my family, Anna, Nick, Claire, and Mia and to my Mom and Dad. Thanks so much!”
Last edited by Sara on February 28th, 2011, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rob
Congratulations, Inception team!!! :) 8 nominations and 4 wins, I think that's pretty awesome for a Christopher Nolan Sci-Fi-Thriller Blockbuster! :D The King's Speech only won 4 awards as well and we all know that Inception is a "Best Picture" and features a "Best Director" for a lot of people. :clap:

Goddamn!
congratulations Wally.
:twothumbsup:

Yah it won one more than Avatar.

PowerDump wrote:Yah it won one more than Avatar.
Prove that it's not nessecary to make movies with fleshy cheesy colors and dumb math characters like in Avatar (the pseudo smart movie)

Rob
BatMotor wrote:
PowerDump wrote:Yah it won one more than Avatar.
Prove that it's not nessecary to make movies with fleshy cheesy colors and dumb math characters like in Avatar (the pseudo smart movie)
Wait a minute... do you want to say that Pocahontas isn't a smart story? :evil: :lol:

Rob wrote:
BatMotor wrote: Prove that it's not nessecary to make movies with fleshy cheesy colors and dumb math characters like in Avatar (the pseudo smart movie)
Wait a minute... do you want to say that Pocahontas isn't a smart story? :evil: :lol:
lol yeah and the story from avatar is stolen from pocahontas,so yeah thats not really smart either is it 8-)

Sara wrote: edited to add Who was it that was looking for Wally's press room interview? Cos I found this - http://www.bloginity.com/blog/2011/02/2 ... atography/ - bit long to c&p but they transcribed it up and its quite funny. Not sure if that's just what they asked him or all the questions he was asked.
Wally:
A. I’m personally not a big 3D fan. It doesn’t really work for me. I don’t like the glasses, I don’t like the dark image, you know, through there. And it’s it feels a little gimmicky to me. That’s my own personal preference, I’m not a big fan of that. We like to, in terms of the immersion for the audience, we like to do things like film things in IMAX and put it on a much larger canvas and higher resolution rather than three dimensional. So in turns of what’s happening with INCEPTION, you know, Chris and I are like minded in that way. I don’t know whether they’re going release a DVD version in 3D or not, but that’s definitely, it’s just not something I’m that interested in as a filmmaker.
:twothumbsup: