Inception Review Discussion (240 total)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
neo,

That's because Superman Returns was intended to be a 3 hour epic. Get thee hands on the actual shooting script and you'll see what Singer REALLY had in mind. And, he shot all of it.

And since they're doing a reboot anyway, I see no reason why we can't see the true vision of what Singer had in mind on home video. The Return to Krypton sequence that actually opens the film is essential...along with the actual opening credits Singer had originally planned.

Jay
Only few hours to go now and all these reviews will be meaning less because we'll have our own opinion.

As far as I'm concerned, ME>Critics

Jumpman wrote:neo,

That's because Superman Returns was intended to be a 3 hour epic. Get thee hands on the actual shooting script and you'll see what Singer REALLY had in mind. And, he shot all of it.

And since they're doing a reboot anyway, I see no reason why we can't see the true vision of what Singer had in mind on home video. The Return to Krypton sequence that actually opens the film is essential...along with the actual opening credits Singer had originally planned.
That's pretty much how I felt about the film. It felt like there were a lot of scenes missing. It's a film that really had the potential to be something extraordinary, but it stumbled a bit. I'm not sure I would want the film to be any longer, as that was my main problem with it, the bloated running time and rather dull story.

It still doesn't excuse the poor editing choices in the theatrical cut. I have no idea why the cornfield scene was there or why the model train scene or the cut brakes car chase scene went on for so long. It got to the point where I was like, "Ugh, just get on with it already!" :lol:

I actually didn't feel that there were any scenes necessarily missing, it didn't seem like they half-assed any subplots. They probably cut them all out altogether instead. :lol:

But yeah, it's clear that A LOT of people worked really hard to get the film to look so pretty.

Epic alright, epic fail. :P

redfirebird2008 wrote:

Epic alright, epic fail. :P
Agreed. It had so much potential, but just fell flat. There are some good scenes in it IMO, it just doesn't add up unfortunately.

Hopefully, again, Nolan will save another superhero.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:Thankfully, again, Nolan will save another superhero.
:lol:

The Time Warner big wigs will just rename WB "Nolan Brothers." :P

I've been following this thread for 10 days. I'm hoping it got very slow because everybody's at the midnight showing. I'm jealous, but will see it tomorrow. I can't wait.

I just wanted to say James Berardinelli's review is probably the best "Inception" review I've read so far, simply outstanding and to the point.
:clap: