Inception Review Discussion (240 total)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
IMHO, Watchmen has polarised opinion all over the board. Some people loved it, others hated it. I'd always thought that it would be impossible to adapt it into a movie, but i admire Snyder's fanboy dedication to be as faithful as he could. Plus, the Under The Hood documentary and the Black Freighter cartoon were great. The only thing i did not like was the slo mo action sequences. Even the changed ending, in hindsight, seems better and more realistic than the ending in the comic book. I personally regard it as one of my favourite comic book adaptations, alongwith Sin City and V For Vendetta (a simplified take on Alan Moore's classic graphic novel, but nevertheless a great movie on its own right).

Those comments were uncalled for. You may not like him, but you can't deny that he has not let his health problems affect the quality of his work. A lesser man would have imploded. But Ebert has proved to be of sterner stuff.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
The Special One wrote:Well if he doesn't give it 4 stars I wont exactly be heartbroken! This is the same fat bastard who gave Watchmen 4 stars.

He's not really fat anymore after all the troubles he's had. As for his reviews, he gave BB and TDK both 4/4 ratings, but he gave Memento and The Prestige 3/4 stars. In my book, if anything the latter two are 4/4 type of movies whereas the former two are 3 or 3.5/4 type of movies. If he leans more towards Nolan's most mainstream films, then he probably won't like Inception as much as BB/TDK. It's got a huge budget but it isn't as mainstream as those two films.
A 3.5/4 would be good since such bug critic it could help bring people in to the theater but I am hoping for a 4/4.

Christopher Nolan wrote:i really want ebert's review. i'm sure he saw it. i'm also sure he liked the film, but let's see if he praises the film just the way some other critics did...
So ebert has seen the film now?

From his latest tweets, it sounds like he just did. You can check them out in the previous page. Some of the members have posted them on this thread a few hours ago.

kanjisheik wrote:Those comments were uncalled for. You may not like him, but you can't deny that he has not let his health problems affect the quality of his work. A lesser man would have imploded. But Ebert has proved to be of sterner stuff.
Agreed. He has shown a lot of courage.

I feel stupid for asking this but what health problems does Roger Ebert have? I did not he had any.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:I feel stupid for asking this but what health problems does Roger Ebert have? I did not he had any.
Cancer that caused him to lose half of his face. He can no longer speak either.

http://readjack.files.wordpress.com/201 ... 310-lg.jpg
How sad :cry:. Come on people you should not make fun of this. This is very sad for him, how would like if this happen to you.