Inception Review Discussion (240 total)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
quite contrarian wrote:Looking through his film review history on RT. Doesn't seem to give many 5/5s, I think I spotted 3 or 4 all together. Blade Runner, Ratatouille, and 2 others I've never heard of. He gave Wall-E a 4/5 and The Bourne Identity a 2/5 for comparison's sake.

Yeah. He has only given 16 reviews a score of 4/5 or better out of 166 movies seen.

Either he has very high standards or he has sen a lot of awful movies.

I'm not saying these tweets will generate a bigger box office than people are expecting but if this steam rolls, these reactions, past it's release, it could have some serious legs. Batman Begins came out before twitter and that film had some pretty darn good legs.

For the love of the Cinema Gods, I want this film to make 300 million domestically.

Jumpman wrote:I'm not saying these tweets will generate a bigger box office than people are expecting but if this steam rolls, these reactions, past it's release, it could have some serious legs. Batman Begins came out before twitter and that film had some pretty darn good legs.

For the love of the Cinema Gods, I want this film to make 300 million domestically.
The thing this also has on its side compared to BB is that it's not a franchise flick. Some people simply refuse to see franchise movies, especially coming off of something as terrible as Batman & Robin. The ceiling on Inception is higher than it was for BB. At the same time, the floor is probably lower because it's a strange movie that doesn't have a built-in audience.

Inception has a huge range and I hope it lands in the high end.

Kinda surprised we haven't heard anything from the NYC critics yet. I think they'll trash it for the most part. :lol:

redfirebird2008 wrote:Kinda surprised we haven't heard anything from the NYC critics yet. I think they'll trash it for the most part. :lol:
I wounder why NYC hates Chris films so much? How many big critics are there in NYC.
New York Post
New York Times
Wall Street Journal
any other ones?

It may not have the baggage of Batman Begins, but it does not have the aura of hype of The Dark Knight either. Its a double edged sword. I don't know if Inception will be able to gross 300 million domestic. I hope it can, and also about another 300 million overseas. That would be awesome! :-)

kanjisheik wrote:It may not have the baggage of Batman Begins, but it does not have the aura of hype of The Dark Knight either. Its a double edged sword. I don't know if Inception will be able to gross 300 million domestic. I hope it can, and also about another 300 million overseas. That would be awesome! :-)
I think Inception will be like Finding Nemo. Finding Nemo got it's money from word of mouth. Inception will have word of mouth for sure. So in the end it will gross the same as Finding Nemo. That's what I'm hoping for.

akv1984 wrote:
kanjisheik wrote:It may not have the baggage of Batman Begins, but it does not have the aura of hype of The Dark Knight either. Its a double edged sword. I don't know if Inception will be able to gross 300 million domestic. I hope it can, and also about another 300 million overseas. That would be awesome! :-)
I think Inception will be like Finding Nemo. Finding Nemo got it's money from word of mouth. Inception will have word of mouth for sure. So in the end it will gross the same as Finding Nemo. That's what I'm hoping for.
You do realize that Finding Nemo opened to 70m, which at the time was huge and the biggest ever for a CGI film? It got fantastic legs, but it was a huge opener.

Tapion wrote:
akv1984 wrote:
You do realize that Finding Nemo opened to 70m, which at the time was huge and the biggest ever for a CGI film? It got fantastic legs, but it was a huge opener.
Yeah. That's true. I was talking about overall.
I think that Inception will at least have a modest opening and it should come in a number one considering the fact that there is pretty much no competition.