Inception Review Discussion (240 total)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
redfirebird2008 wrote:
Interesting analysis. I fear that it will be too much for summer moviegoers. It's a big risk to have spent so much making this film. Normally I don't give a rat's ass about how well a film does at the box office, but in this case it's the type of thing that can damage Nolan's career goals. He wants to keep making big productions, not small scale indie stuff like Memento. Hopefully the film can find a big audience.
I think as far as the "it goes too fast" stuff, TDK went by REALLY fast - it was a plot machine. It had enough plot for three regular movies. And obviously audiences had no problems with it. :lol:

Anita18 wrote: I think as far as the "it goes too fast" stuff, TDK went by REALLY fast - it was a plot machine. It had enough plot for three regular movies.
I agree. In fact, the speed of TDK's plot is one of the aspects where I felt Begins was better. It had a more deliberate pace.

JRichardKelly tweeted I will be doing a special INCEPTION @goldenbriefcase podcast with @firstshowing next week.

Can't wait!!

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Anita18 wrote: I think as far as the "it goes too fast" stuff, TDK went by REALLY fast - it was a plot machine. It had enough plot for three regular movies.
I agree. In fact, the speed of TDK's plot is one of the aspects where I felt Begins was better. It had a more deliberate pace.
I think that's personal preference. BB definitely had a more traditional pace, but I couldn't help but marvel at TDK's scope and ambition. So much happened, yet it was still very tightly constructed. I don't think they could have really left out any part of it, despite some critics' suggestions as to which scene should have been cut. It would have been less of a movie.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice comes out a few days before Inception and seems to have no buzz (0 reviews on RT).

Eternalist wrote:The Sorcerer's Apprentice comes out a few days before Inception and seems to have no buzz (0 reviews on RT).
maybe an embargo on critics...

Eternalist wrote:The Sorcerer's Apprentice comes out a few days before Inception and seems to have no buzz (0 reviews on RT).

I think the makers of The Sorcerer's Apprentice were worried abt all the rave reviews Inception is getting so they dont want to screen for critics before the actual.

But i think kids and families are main strenth for The Sorcerer's Apprentice since inception will be too complex for kids .....

I've already read one review for The Sorcerer's Apprentice and it received 2 stars out of 5. The same critic gave Inception 5 stars.

no doubt that inception will be the far better movie. the only thing that could have been a problem was the box office. but that's changed over the couple of weeks too...

Check out SA's IMDb page.