Inception Review Discussion (240 total)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Go to first page of this thread. :JGLface:

Thank you :D

I'm thinking this will end up with a higher score than TDK on RT and Metacritic.

I heard TDK flopped in Japan... I could foresee the same happening for Inception.

niniendowarrior wrote:I heard TDK flopped in Japan... I could foresee the same happening for Inception.
Its filmed there and I think being Sci-fi and the dream world will help and plus the special effects. Are the reason why I think it could do well in Japan.

niniendowarrior wrote:I heard TDK flopped in Japan... I could foresee the same happening for Inception.
I've never heard that before. Does anyone know why? Do superhero movies not perform as well there?

Inception will do well in Japan. Think about Ken Watanabe and DiCaprio as being huge draws. Shutter Island did very well in Japan, for instance. Better than The Departed I believe.

josephcoloraci wrote:Inception will do well in Japan. Think about Ken Watanabe and DiCaprio as being huge draws. Shutter Island did very well in Japan, for instance. Better than The Departed I believe.
More than TDK as well.

combusticator wrote:
I've never heard that before. Does anyone know why? Do superhero movies not perform as well there?
Superhero movies are more popular in America than overseas. TDK I think flopped in Russia as well.