Inception Twitter Reactions From The General Public

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
IMO It won't flop...

Think about it... Shutter Island made 360 mil worldwide... and that movie was obviously a thriller that made you think.

Inception has 160 mil budget and let's say another 140 mil invested in the promoting campaign ... so to get their money back they need to do at least 450-500 mil worldwide... (for it to not become a flop) ... Now you wouldn't see Inception gain an additional 140 mil over Shutter Island? :lol: :lol:

It def will... so It won't flop... but at 600 mil it won't be a huge hit either... I wish Inception would be that good for it to make people go to the theater and reach a billion. 8-) If it will do that then WB will build Nolan a statue.

RIFA wrote:IMO It won't flop...

Think about it... Shutter Island made 360 mil worldwide... and that movie was obviously a thriller that made you think.

Inception has 160 mil budget and let's say another 140 mil invested in the promoting campaign ... so to get their money back they need to do at least 450-500 mil worldwide... (for it to not become a flop) ... Now you wouldn't see Inception gain an additional 140 mil over Shutter Island? :lol: :lol:

It def will... so It won't flop... but at 600 mil it won't be a huge hit either... I wish Inception would be that good for it to make people go to the theater and reach a billion. 8-) If it will do that then WB will build Nolan a statue.
:lol: And a public holiday.

Shutter Island was initially marketed as a horror (even the trailer gave that idea) so it sucked in audiences. Inception is a sci-fi actioner directed by the guy who made TDK, so it's got a lot more going for it. Inception won't flop, I guarantee, but 600 mil is already quite a big number for a blockbuster. I'll be happy if it breaks 300 mil.

theweatherman wrote:I don't think people understand how impressive Memento's $25 million really was. The production company distributed itself. It became so successful that people were still seeing it in theaters after it had been released on DVD. I also think the mystery behind Inception is one of its best selling points. I expect good things from the box office.
I was talking about Insomnia and The Prestige - I love both movies but they weren't exactly breakout hits.

I agree, Memento's $25 million was very impressive for an indie mindfuck

RIFA wrote:IMO It won't flop...

I think Scorsese is better known than Nolan - at least to adult film goers. Plus like bLaZe noted it was marketed as a Horror film. Shutter Island didn't even break $300 million - BoxOfficeMojo has it at $294 million (still pretty impressive IMO). It had a clear field - no competition whatsoever (though Inception has little actual competition) and had pent-up demand from the previous Winter as Oscar-bait.

$400 million will be more than enough for Inception to make it's money back - don't forget that studios still make money from TV Rights, DVD sales and rentals and OnDemand sales.

As long as the film is fantastic, then Nolan and WB has done their job. It's well marketed and if Inception bombs at the box-office, then we don't deserve better than Iron Man 6 and Twilight 4.
@sammyjankis88

TDK earned 1 billion, right?

All ads say it's from the director of TDK, right?

even if only half of those who attended TDK want to see Inception just out of interest we have 500 mil, right?

right? right? :crazy:

apw
Dark Nolan wrote:TDK earned 1 billion, right?

All ads say it's from the director of TDK, right?

even if only half of those who attended TDK want to see Inception just out of interest we have 500 mil, right?

right? right? :crazy:
If only it worked like that.

This is another one of those things where I don't think I buy audiences won't think their small enough, because most audiences aren't coming across these articles. Hell most audiences don't read reviews.

I'm just hoping no one is saying "Well its from the guy who directed The Dark Knight, but it doesn't have Batman in it so.......pass. I'll go check out Karate Kid cause its based off a property and I know what to expect."

Most people don't care about who made it im afraid.

Jonas Agersø wrote:Most people don't care about who made it im afraid.
I think the other way, i mean, what;s the point of putting "from this and that" on ads if id doesn't matter to most of people. Distributors deifinitely do research on what influences people to go see the movie IMO

I'm saying this because the first thing i look up is WHO made it and then i look for WHAT is proposed.