Inception early tracking vs salt

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.

Not good. That 47 "definite interest" is only 30% better than Prince of Persia's "definite interest" number of 36, meaning an opening of around $40m for Inception. For a movie with around $300m in production and marketing costs, this is flop territory.

Meh it'll still make a tidy profit.

redfirebird2008 wrote:Not good. That 47 "definite interest" is only 30% better than Prince of Persia's "definite interest" number of 36, meaning an opening of around $40m for Inception. For a movie with around $300m in production and marketing costs, this is flop territory.
From BoxOfficeMojo?

Typical. People whine for a better standard of film and then, when a really good one comes along, they don't care.

I'm sorry, but has Salt got anything unique to offer or is it just Angelina Jolie doing her action woman schtick again? :JGLface:

There's still a few more weeks until the release. Maybe it will change.

Bueller wrote:Typical. People whine for a better standard of film and then, when a really good one comes along, they don't care.

I'm sorry, but has Salt got anything unique to offer or is it just Angelina Jolie doing her action woman schtick again? :JGLface:
It's basically Angelina as Bourne. Supposedly it's a good flick, even if it is completely devoid of creativity.

It's basically Angelina as Bourne. Supposedly it's a good flick, even if it is completely devoid of creativity.
At least it's good I suppose. But people have been constantly complaining about the lack of originality this summer and yet show more interest in a film that is offering nothing new. *sigh*

i said it often, word of mouth will be the most important thing about this movie. the start could be weak but then the movie needs to make cash...

Bueller wrote:
At least it's good I suppose. But people have been constantly complaining about the lack of originality this summer and yet show more interest in a film that is offering nothing new. *sigh*
They're not showing more interest. Inception is slightly ahead, although I think WB has probably spent more money marketing it than Sony has spent on Salt. Salt is not going to be a big movie, so the fact that Inception is just slightly ahead of it is not good.