Hey, look who's in INCEPTION

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
e-lex wrote:I'm positive that I could perform the same thing with PS, if only I could lay may hands on the city aerials in the background without any faces on them.
yea... that's pretty much what it takes :shh:

Look to who's not in Inception :lol:

So, here is my result of f**king with Photoshop.
Definitely it's far from perfect (since the lack of the background image with the city scape). Really a tutorial on how to create such a character banner is very hard to make - it's more like trial and error method. First you matte your face (it has to be photoed to start with),
then adjust its position on the original picture (scale, rotate and so on),
and next start cloning parts of face of THE EXTRACTOR, ARCHITECT or whoever you want (THE TOURIST is the easiest, or so it seemed to me), as to leave only shadows and light spots (i.e. you erase eyes, lips and so on).
And after that you have to adjust the colour, saturation and maybe the mixing method ('hard light' worked best in my case), use curves and levels etc., erase some parts of your photo as to merge it best with the original, but here I can't give you the exact formula, 'cause in each case it's individual and depends on lots of things (e.g. in my photo the lighting was too different from Watanabe's so it never worked the way I wanted with the right side of my face over-exposed as in the original).
Finally, you erase the letters using the clone tool and print your own inscription.
This seems to be all, but it really takes lots of backup layers (a very useful tip, at least for me) to figure out the right look. And it DOES take time.

christophmac wrote:Judging by the title, I thought that you were going to talk about Pete Postlethwaite.
I have to say, it came as quite a surprise seeing him listed on IMDb for Inception (only just noticed). Always a pleasure to see him on screen, in any film, bad or good.