Press Junket - tweets.

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Barrett wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:He actually cusses a lot more than people realize. Granted, I don't think he would use that language in an interview but behind the scenes he would. :lol:

Agreed. Just look at Following, that movie is LOADED with cuss words. Every other sentence there's a F*ck or a Sh!t.
Memento and Insomnia too. Nolan admitted in an interview that he wasn't credited for the Insomnia script but he did write the final draft.

jpraup wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:Barrett, ask the FirstShowing guy on Twitter if they were allowed to record the audio for transcription purposes? I hope so. Would be nice to get the full quotes transcribed.
WB usually releases official audio files on their private press site. I'll post them here when I get them.
Thanks a lot! :mrgreen:

Bueller wrote:
Nolan:I'm making Inception for one reason and for one reason only making as much money as possible
LOL I think he's being sarcastic.

And Chris cusses quite a bit. I was surprised by that too. 8-)
I was being sarcastic actually,i have written that quote,wanted too see your reactions
got ya all :lol:

Barrett wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:He actually cusses a lot more than people realize. Granted, I don't think he would use that language in an interview but behind the scenes he would. :lol:

Agreed. Just look at Following, that movie is LOADED with cuss words. Every other sentence there's a F*ck or a Sh!t.
Yeah, and don't forget Menento. The scene that really sticks out is when Carrie Ann Moss character cusses at Leonard for how stupid he is, then goes to the driveway, then comes back as he struggles to write down what he saw, but then forgets as she returns. That was also a favorite scene of mine.

I forgot which interview it was, but Nolan did say fuck in an interview.

jpraup wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:Barrett, ask the FirstShowing guy on Twitter if they were allowed to record the audio for transcription purposes? I hope so. Would be nice to get the full quotes transcribed.
WB usually releases official audio files on their private press site. I'll post them here when I get them.
Noice!! But who has access to it if it's private? Do you? If you do def transcribe it or upload the audio for us. I also asked Alex from FirstShowing if he recorded audio, so we'll see what he says...
Last edited by Barrett on June 25th, 2010, 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Barrett wrote:
jpraup wrote:
Noice!! But who has access to it if it's private? Do you? If you do def transcribe it or upload the audio for us. I also asked Alex from FirstShowing if he recorded audio, so we'll see what he says...
Yeah, I have access to the WB press site and they just e-mail us when new stuff is posted. Usually the audio files don't go up til around the films release though :/

jpraup wrote:Yeah, I have access to the WB press site and they just e-mail us when new stuff is posted. Usually the audio files don't go up til around the films release though :/
Awesome! Well for sure keep us posted when you get it. Thanks! :thumbup:

Not really a tweet but: http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2010-6-2 ... eption?m=g
During a press conference for "Inception" this morning, HitFix asked Nolan if filming this portion of the film's "dream" in this style helped get the urge to shoot a James Bond film out of his system. Nolan laughed and replied, "Quite a bit of it yeah."

Nolan also revealed he didn't set out to have so many cinematic references in the picture -- in fact, one to Marion Cotillard's Oscar-winning role as Edith Piaf in "La Vie en Rose" was a complete coincidence -- it just was a natural part of referencing a dream-like world.

"When you look at the idea the idea of being able to create a limitless world and use it as almost a playground for action and adventure and so forth, I naturally gravitate to cinematic worlds whether its the Bond films or things like that," Nolan says. "So, without being too self-conscious about it or without too much intention, as I was writing it I certainly allowed my mind to wonder where it would naturally and I think a lot of the tropes from different genres of movie. Heist films, spy films, that kind of thing, they sort of naturally sit in that world."

apw
Can't people ask original questions? He covered the whole Bond thing in the Empire article.