"Inception": Critic Reviews thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
apw
arizonabay wrote:
That is what it means, but on a more subtle level this particular synonym is used when someones last album/movie/etc. was really good and this current thing is their grand return. This may be a way of saying he doesn't think it is as good as TDK :batface: - maybe anyway.
Lol. No, it doesn't.

To say something isn't the second coming is just a hyperbolic statement to say something isn't the most amazing thing ever.

apw
New tweets from Cinema Expo!
We saw #Inception this morning. Will tweet no details. #promise #priviledge
Saw Inception this morning but unfortunately I can't tweet about it! #fb #cinemaexpo
Just attended world's 1st #Inception screening. Not allowed to say anything on it but to quote #Nolan: a 4-dimensional Bond movie. #cineexpo
Great. :roll:

kor
a 4-dimensional Bond movie - nicely said.

apw said :

Lol. No, it doesn't.

To say something isn't the second coming is just a hyperbolic statement to say something isn't the most amazing thing ever.

Agree would be the standard US interpretation of what his words meant.

And as to
there is a lot of awesome to chew on

In US " to chew on" simply means there is much in a film /topic for audiences to revel in /discuss/debate/dissect after a viewing ...the movie experience doesn't end with closing credits.

apw wrote:New tweets from Cinema Expo!
We saw #Inception this morning. Will tweet no details. #promise #priviledge
Saw Inception this morning but unfortunately I can't tweet about it! #fb #cinemaexpo
Just attended world's 1st #Inception screening. Not allowed to say anything on it but to quote #Nolan: a 4-dimensional Bond movie. #cineexpo
Great. :roll:
:JGLface:

There's bound to be someone who breaks this embargo. Someone hungry for loads of traffic. There will be full reviews today.

You guys are putting WAY too much into the Josh Horowitz tweet. No point in overanalyzing. From what I can gather the general respons is really really promising.

8-)
@sammyjankis88

Anyone read this retort to Horowitz supposedly being lazy with his tweet-review?
Do you know how profoundly lazy saying “It’s not the second coming” is about a movie? Of course it’s not. IT’S A FUCKING MOVIE. “It’s not perfect.” Of course it’s not. How many films are? How many of your favorite films are? How would you even quantify that? Such a stupid, empty thing to say. I want to read a review that begins, 'This movie is the Second Coming. It is perfect. It will solve world hunger and war. 3 1/2 stars.'
I love when critics fight. :clap:

apw
Attendees are banned from talking to the press about their reaction to the film, but the applause after the screening was very hearty and ScreenDaily overheard quite a few “brilliant” comments. Cine Expo has proven to be a good launch pad for Nolan before, as The Dark Knight was screened here two years ago.
:D http://www.screendaily.com/news/europe/ ... 17.article

Well crap. Looks like the reviewers are now honoring the embargo. WB probably saw those Tweets and went into hardcore lockdown mode. "If you say anything, even on Twitter, a black van will show up at your house..." :D

Nice found!