"Inception": Critic Reviews thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Drew's tweets are really on point about this issue of the embargo and the "second coming" comment.

Apparently swancinemas tweeted INCEPTION screening starts in an hour. Mobile phones banned and security like we have never seen! #cinemaexpo

dont read the messages from those losers thats just useless.
that my advise.

Drew's tweets about Horowitz's 'second coming' comment make me think he liked the movie....a lot.

No doubt Drew liked it or even loved it. But, to his credit, he's exactly right to point out using the phrase "It's not the Second Coming" or "it's not Citizen Kane" is extremely lazy for film criticism. When was the First Coming? That's really Drew's point.

cooldued wrote:Apparently swancinemas tweeted INCEPTION screening starts in an hour. Mobile phones banned and security like we have never seen! #cinemaexpo
Thats awesome! :) Recording in the cinema is the most pathetic thing ever.

Jumpman wrote:No doubt Drew liked it or even loved it. But, to his credit, he's exactly right to point out using the phrase "It's not the Second Coming" or "it's not Citizen Kane" is extremely lazy for film criticism. When was the First Coming? That's really Drew's point.
I agree its IMDB level movie criticism, a reaction to unfair expectations that a real critic should have in perspective. He is on point. I don't care about the embargo though to be honest, at least Travers didn't rush out his review in order to be the first one to trash it like I've seen critics do in the past.

Hello everyone BTW. I've been a long time lurker here, decided to join in . :D

arizonabay wrote: Hello everyone BTW. I've been a long time lurker here, decided to join in . :D
Welcome! :JGLface:

Well, Drew's problem with Travers', like a lot of online film journalists, is that he's a quote whore. There's no substance to his reviews whatsoever. Drew, like him or not, wants substance. And usually with this review, you get that. Make no mistake, whether he thought the film was fair, good, great, fantastic, or a masterpiece, Drew's review of Inception will have substance. It'll be long and thoughtful.

Go back and read his reviews for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. His Dark Knight review, in conjunction with Hellboy 2, was one of the best during the release of The Dark Knight. I still go back and re-read it after I've watched the Dark Knight.

Jumpman wrote:Well, Drew's problem with Travers', like a lot of online film journalists, is that he's a quote whore. There's no substance to his reviews whatsoever. Drew, like him or not, wants substance. And usually with this review, you get that. Make no mistake, whether he thought the film was fair, good, great, fantastic, or a masterpiece, Drew's review of Inception will have substance. It'll be long and thoughtful.

Go back and read his reviews for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. His Dark Knight review, in conjunction with Hellboy 2, was one of the best during the release of The Dark Knight. I still go back and re-read it after I've watched the Dark Knight.
Really feeling Drew on this one.
@sammyjankis88