Do You Think the Name Cobb Will Be Iconic?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Cobb wont be iconic,the movie itself will be.

talli wrote:
jr724 wrote:
talli wrote: so you cant explain it?
Well if you find it the same to play a sophisticated, semi-psychopathic girl that's involved with a sexual predator and an immature pregnant teen that's trying to figure out her life and the meaning of love is the same to you then I guess there's no point in even arguing with your flawed logic. I seriously don't understand why you even post the things you do sometimes, i know you have the right to your opinion, but please use some logic next time.

you musnt confuse the mood of the movie, or the actions of the character written in the script as part of the ACTING...you don't have to act the mood, its set by the director and the cinematographer....you dont have to act the actions they are written in the script.....are you sure her acting suggests those qualities, or are they suggested by the mood and what arc is written for the character??

how do her rhythms and physicality suggest those things? how are they different from her other characters?

i have a feeling most people confuse these things when talking about acting.....they confuse the mood, and the actions of the character, with the actual acting of the character.

ill give you the argument on Hard Candy...because from the trailer it does look like there's some changes about her....but for the most part she acts the same in every movie....only thing that changes is the script, the wardrobe, the mood.
I'm well aware of that lol, and yes I do think that the physicality and mannerisms she created for the character in Hard Candy are much different than any move she's been in. Just be cause she's been cast for parts that are similar (Juno, Whip it) doesn't mean she's a one dimensional actor, she just hasn't tried very diverse roles yet. Not comparing the two at all, but people said the same thing about Heath early in his career as the studios wanted to typecast him in the heartthrob role, but then he decided to challenge himself as an actor.

as I said there are many factors that could make this character significant, I don't really think the actor has made any character truly "iconic", that's my opinion, but who can tell what a man like Nolan can do with DiCaprio, I mean look at what he's done before with other actors...

Bond voice: "The name's Cobb. Dom Cobb."

:lol:

AlexHaas wrote:Bond voice: "The name's Cobb. Dom Cobb."

that would be awesome

or ruin the movie...

sshhiv wrote:
AlexHaas wrote:Bond voice: "The name's Cobb. Dom Cobb."

that would be awesome
Would be great in a parody of Inception. ;)

that's why I said it would ruin it for real,