Do You Think the Name Cobb Will Be Iconic?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
sushant-dahiya wrote:I started this thread to know whether cobb had potential to become iconic.It had nothing to do with ellen page. I want the discussion to be focused on that pt.
haha yeah my bad, something had to be said lol. but as for whether Cobb will be iconic or not, I'm not sure. I really like the name itself, its short and unique, but Inception isn't a movie that's strictly based on the story of one man. (Unlike the Bond or Bourne films) So I don't think Cobb will become iconic or transendent just because Inception seems to be about a collection of complicated characters and storylines, rather than a movie formed around one character.

jr724 wrote:
talli wrote:Student is not a type lol...its an occupation...any type can be a student

The way she talks and the way she walks still radiates that off beat tomboyish quality.

And nothing in the trailers has suggested her to be anything above average.
How can you judge her ability to play the Ariadne character when you don't even know a thing about the character she's playing. (other than she's an architecture student). Is there some pre-conceived idea you have about her character that you think she isn't fulfilling? I think we should wait to see the movie to judge her performance and leave the pretentious bullshit for imdb.

im making a judgement based on all her prior work + chris nolan's prior work + the trailers and spots

talli wrote:
jr724 wrote:
talli wrote:Student is not a type lol...its an occupation...any type can be a student

The way she talks and the way she walks still radiates that off beat tomboyish quality.

And nothing in the trailers has suggested her to be anything above average.
How can you judge her ability to play the Ariadne character when you don't even know a thing about the character she's playing. (other than she's an architecture student). Is there some pre-conceived idea you have about her character that you think she isn't fulfilling? I think we should wait to see the movie to judge her performance and leave the pretentious bullshit for imdb.

im making a judgement based on all her prior work + chris nolan's prior work + the trailers and spots
None of that will tell you if she plays her character well or not. You've seen maybe 30 seconds of footage of her in the movie lmao

talli wrote:
BatMotor wrote:
talli wrote:There are only 2 problems I have with this film

The out of place Ellen Page

And Cobb's name...its corny

Yøu immediatel associate it with uncool things like Cobwebs, corn on the cob, and peach coblers lol...it doesn't slide off the tounge quite like Bond.

I feel like Nolan always had a problem with naming his characters...lenard shelby??!!lmao..sammy jankis? Hahaha
Ellen Page will be great in this film.she's an fantastic actress.
That may be true but all actors cannot play all characters...its not her type...the atmosphere of this high octane espionage thing does not fit her character type.

She has the offbeat tomboyish quality that works well for comedies and indie dramas but not something like Inception
How the fuck do you know what fits her character type? She never acted in such a movie, no way of telling how'll she do now is there.
And yeah, I think Cobb'll be iconic.

jr724 wrote:
talli wrote:

None of that will tell you if she plays her character well or not. You've seen maybe 30 seconds of footage of her in the movie lmao

it can give you a hint....ellen page doesnt change from role to role, she plays what she already is...so how hard can it be to imagine what she's like in this movie when shes the same in every movie?

talli wrote: it can give you a hint....ellen page doesnt change from role to role, she plays what she already is...so how hard can it be to imagine what she's like in this movie when shes the same in every movie?

So which Ellen Page movies have you seen...

George wrote:
talli wrote: it can give you a hint....ellen page doesnt change from role to role, she plays what she already is...so how hard can it be to imagine what she's like in this movie when shes the same in every movie?

xmen
smart people
juno
whip it
peacock

talli wrote:
George wrote:

xmen
smart people
juno
whip it
peacock
If you think Ellen Page is the same in Juno and Peacock and Hard Candy (You may need to watch it), you don't know anything about acting.

jr724 wrote:
talli wrote:
George wrote:

xmen
smart people
juno
whip it
peacock
If you think Ellen Page is the same in Juno and Peacock and Hard Candy (You may need to watch it), you don't know anything about acting.

ok then...i dont know anything about acting :roll: ....explain to me how she is different

talli wrote:
George wrote:

xmen
smart people
juno
whip it
peacock

Try some of her more dramatic work: The Tracey Fragments, An American Crime, and Hard Candy.